• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why TCU won’t hesitate to start true freshman Max Duggan this season

Froggish

I don’t disagree with a thing you said here.

The only comment I would make on Delton is how is any QB ever suppose to do £¥\]]@#$ in a 1965 style Kansas State offense?!?!
Hell, Aaron Rodgers would look like crap in that offense.

So, if he has the savvy and grit to win 14 games........let’s let the coaches do their thing.

K-State moved to a modified spread last year. That’s the main reason Delton lost the job. They weren’t the old K-St Wildcat offense

SwissArmyFrog

It would be PURE GOLD if any team had a solid #1 QB whose name was Eddie Haskell.

Please let it happen someday...

th

Mean Purple

Cautiously optimistic about Duggan. The quality of competition in Iowa does worry me, however. But as Froggish mentioned, you basically dance with who “brung ya” and it isn’t necessarily the end all be all by any means thankfully.

At this point, I’d much rather see Duggan over Delton. I’ve seen that dance....
He faced some good highschool D lineman in Iowa. The kid was the toast of the state up there for a reason.

Frog DJ

It seems to me that QB is a question mark, no matter who wins the starting job in fall camp. Without any meaningful information I'd be playing "Pin the Tail on the QB."

Of course, kf.c is a message board where we go to talk about things like this, but I'll trust the coaching staff to make the decision, and sit back and watch with interest.

Go Frogs!

ShreveFrog

I don't think we have Wildfrog anymore. We just direct snap to Sewo for s run. A true Wildfrog would involve a skilly who is also a threat to pass (ala Kerley). That worked.

I don't believe Delton will be the starter. I beieve we want more of a passing threat. But I would like to see Delton come in maybe each half at least and run a package of HUNH option-based plays to throw the oppo a curveball.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

I don't know who should or will win the position. But the quote, "The key is we’re going to play whoever we have to play” is not encouraging. It could mean that TCU is going to play everyone on its roster, or it could mean that the Frogs will "have to" play someone, even if no one is up to the challenge. Either way, it sounds bad.

Or maybe the interpretation is that the Frogs will "have to" play offense sometime, despite GPs preference for the other side of the ball.

Maybe it's just GP-talk and I'm reading too much into his choice of words. But I would much rather he have said, "We're going to play whoever earns the job regardless of age or experience."

Atomic Frawg

Whomever wins the job this season will have earned it and proven himself capable. My only concern at this point is getting past Purdue the second game. Pine Bluff should be watered down plays and basic defensive coverages, and we should still put up 60. Purdue is going to really show what the season will look like and how Cumbie is going to do calling plays this year. The defense will keep us in it, but hopefully the offense will win it. That game will tell us who our QB is going to be. Maybe Matthews will give a little insight as to how Ohio State prepped for them. Then the next two games are at The Carter before heading to ISU. Get past Purdue, and we can have an early battle of undefeateds that may have some significance.

PO Frog

Whomever wins the job this season will have earned it and proven himself capable. My only concern at this point is getting past Purdue the second game. Pine Bluff should be watered down plays and basic defensive coverages, and we should still put up 60. Purdue is going to really show what the season will look like and how Cumbie is going to do calling plays this year. The defense will keep us in it, but hopefully the offense will win it. That game will tell us who our QB is going to be. Maybe Matthews will give a little insight as to how Ohio State prepped for them. Then the next two games are at The Carter before heading to ISU. Get past Purdue, and we can have an early battle of undefeateds that may have some significance.
Don’t really buy that our offense hinges on our second game. We sucked at minn that year and ended up being pretty good. I doubt our QB in that game is even starting by the end of the year...

Eight

I fear that some on this board are underestimating Purdue.

possibly, but i would be much more concerned about the consequences of such actions if the members of this board were actually playing and coaching in that game.

norm for most fanbases in july is unrealistic expectations with a side of myopia

asleep003

possibly, but i would be much more concerned about the consequences of such actions if the members of this board were actually playing and coaching in that game.

norm for most fanbases in july is unrealistic expectations with a side of myopia

Not sure why … the Boilermakers went 5-4 in Big 10 play, beating both Ohio State and Iowa.

Casey T

Not sure why … the Boilermakers went 5-4 in Big 10 play, beating both Ohio State and Iowa.

They also were 6-7 last year with a loss to Eastern Michigan. The 5 years before that they went 7-6, 3-9, 2-10, 3-9, and 1-11. I know Jeff Brohm has them on the upswing since his arrival but they are a middle of the pack B10 team in a conference that is very top heavy