• The KillerFrogs

Poll: What QB gets the most B12 snaps

Pick Him-Who gets the most snaps in B12 play?

• Delton

Votes: 40 29.4%
  • Collins

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Duggan

Votes: 57 41.9%
  • Rogers

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Baldwin

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Froggish

This question has a reasonable chance to be settled by injuries rather than on field talent. I think Delton starts, but won't make it through the season unscathed, with Collins taking over as the back up and getting the most snaps

No doubt that injuries will play a role. That’s life these days. Maybe Collins takes over if Delton goes down but I’m not sure I see a lot of logic in that unless he just much better than the others. We’ll see

tcumaniac

What information do you have to back your claim? Yes we all will find out soon enough but just curious on your channel of info? I did state my opinion was a guess. Is yours just a guess as well?
I’ve heard from a few people connected with the team, but it’s not secret knowledge. Gary all but admitted it during big 12 media days.

From a 247 article:
“Justin is somewhere about 90 (percent), in there, just getting started. But he was able to go through spring, take reps and things,” Patterson said. “We just keep working with him. That injury is one of those, the guy that plays for the Cowboys the linebacker (Jaylon Smith), one of these days that nerve just wakes up, and it's not completely woke up, but it's a lot farther along than it was a year ago.”

While Patterson acknowledged Rogers’ is improving, there are still some limitations to what the quarterback can do mobility wise. The remaining improvement Rogers has to meet to get completely healthy could still be a long road; it’s something Patterson will monitor closely in fall camp.

“He’s running through the off-season, it’s just hard for him taking off and doing things,” Patterson said of Rogers. “But, I wouldn’t want to hinder him where someone could hurt him if he had to play in a ball game. I’m not going to elaborate on exactly what everything is so somebody doesn’t try to attack him if that happens.”

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Justin-Rogers-recovering-still-limited-133708730/

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Despite everyone saying that he's not healthy, I can't pick anyone over Justin. It's hard for me to root against him after everything he's dealt with regarding his injury and then how hard he's had to work to get back to this point. I want to see the kid succeed and I hope that he's the one that can take us to the ESPN invitational and win us a national championship.

texas_sicilian

Despite everyone saying that he's not healthy, I can't pick anyone over Justin. It's hard for me to root against him after everything he's dealt with regarding his injury and then how hard he's had to work to get back to this point. I want to see the kid succeed and I hope that he's the one that can take us to the ESPN invitational and win us a national championship.
To not pick him is not rooting against him, it’s just reflecting unfortunate realities.

If the question was to pick your #1 of that list if everyone was 100% healthy, he’d likely be my pick.

JockO de Frog

This question has a reasonable chance to be settled by injuries rather than on field talent. I think Delton starts, but won't make it through the season unscathed, with Collins taking over as the back up and getting the most snaps
I picked Collins and I think you've got it right.

Farmfrog

I think there was implicit favoritism last year, regardless on the field performance (even players alluded to it). That was my only point.

So you think the coaches favorite will start over the guy who plays better? I just want the guy that makes the team better to play the most.

LawFrog504

Putting Rogers in for 2 snaps in the Cheez it Bowl remains the weirdest thing we've done in a long time, and that's saying something. If he wakes up and the nerve isn't always waking up NOW, what was it like 6 months ago in a December bowl game? The whole thing was bizarre

texas_sicilian

So you think the coaches favorite will start over the guy who plays better? I just want the guy that makes the team better to play the most.
I think Cumbie (hopefully) has learned his lesson in sticking with a prize recruit despite what reality was yielding for several games.

May the best one win. And if the best one turns out to falter, repeatedly, don’t let escalation of commitment sink in...