• The KillerFrogs

Purdue Game - Who is going?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Just what I read:

Purdue University Airport (IATA: LAF, ICAO: KLAF, FAA LID: LAF) is a public-use airport in Tippecanoe County, Indiana, United States. Owned by Purdue University, the airport is 2 nautical miles (3.7 km; 2.3 mi) southwest of the central business district of Lafayette,[1] in West Lafayette. Because of the heavy traffic generated by Purdue University and its flight programs, Purdue University Airport is one of the busiest airports in Indiana, second only to Indianapolis International Airport.

I guess all those touch and goes mount up, but FAA must not count them...actually a distant 4th take offs

Indy Intl. 4,216,766
Forest Wayne Intl. 360,000 (intl?)
South Bend 329,957
Evansville. 204,352
Lafayette 3084

Sorry forgetting so “Deep”, retired with nothing to do and all day to do it...

Ray Finkle

Definitely on the the radar. Cincinnati is at home on Sunday and 3 hours away...

Cardinals are at home on Monday, if you wanted to watch Matt Carpenter play.

But I haven't done a lot of research yet.

Froginbedford

And a Neil Armstrong Museum. He’s was Purdue grad.

Campus is kind of A&M industrial looking, but not quite as bad.

I was impressed that all the buildings are linked by underground pedestrian tunnels because they have such harsh winters....But not impressed that not all dormitories are air-conditioned....

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I was impressed that all the buildings are linked by underground pedestrian tunnels because they have such harsh winters....But not impressed that not all dormitories are air-conditioned....

Some of them. I can vouch their vets school is not. Had to take my golden there for cancer treatments in January and had to take a sold team to get from the parking lot..

Froggish

But, they are Big Ten, Big Ten, Big Ten, Big Ten....

They have a ton of question marks. Imagine having Reagor and very little else..That’s the Purdue offense going into the season to go along with a bad defense. I don’t care how creative and smart Brohm is, if we loose that one we probably aren’t even bowl game material.

ftwfrog

Definitely on the the radar. Cincinnati is at home on Sunday and 3 hours away...

Cardinals are at home on Monday, if you wanted to watch Matt Carpenter play.

But I haven't done a lot of research yet.
Chicago is 2.5 hours away and although I’ve never been to Cincinnati, I’m guessing much more fun. Cubs have a Day game Friday and Sunday.

Limey Frog

They have a ton of question marks. Imagine having Reagor and very little else..That’s the Purdue offense going into the season to go along with a bad defense. I don’t care how creative and smart Brohm is, if we loose that one we probably aren’t even bowl game material.

a) that is what we had.
b) when you have the single most talented offensive player on the field in any game vs. anybody, you've always got a shot.

oldfrog71

My bride and I will be there. We have been to Frog games in 11 states, but never in Indiana. We are going into Indianapolis on Thursday before the game. Any suggestions on things to do for a couple of days in Indiana before the game?

Froggish

a) that is what we had.
b) when you have the single most talented offensive player on the field in any game vs. anybody, you've always got a shot.

Last year it certainly turned out we had Reagor and not much more. Takes a special kind of suckage to kill off the talent of DA, Sewo, Reagor and Barber

As for Purdue we bring 15 returning starters into the season which is double what they have back. The story line will be Rondel Moore/Reagor and neither having a proven QB to thrown to them.. However any who knows CFB knows that the Frogs will bring far more talent and considerable more experience Into that game.