• The KillerFrogs

According to Barnhouse, no use even trying to win the B12

dawg

From his LinkedIn: "Customer oriented (the reader being the customer)."

In other words, "Whatever gets me more clicks."

netty2424

To further your point, Moose: At the 2010 regional, Barnhouse - in the open press box space in upper deck behind home plate - was actively and loudly cheering for Baylor against Frogs. I was about four seats away from him, and when I yelled at him, "Wendall, media is supposed to be neutral" he just glared at me.
Can’t believe they let Steelfrog in the press box.

I kid.

Froggish

UT has recruited well forever but as for playing championship football...well last year was the first glimpse we’ve seen in a long time. Let’s see the string a few seasons together before we anoint them being back

Purp

Found this gem in the article too. I can count 2. I'd be fascinated to know the other 10. I get the use of hyperbole in writing, but this is the kind of crap that smacks of sucking off a large fan base for the sake of stroking egos. He seems perfectly willing to pander to a superiority complex. I guess it's surprirsing because, personally, I'd think of that as demeaning.

Nearly a dozen schools claim UT as their top rival.

MTfrog5

Found this gem in the article too. I can count 2. I'd be fascinated to know the other 10. I get the use of hyperbole in writing, but this is the kind of crap that smacks of sucking off a large fan base for the sake of stroking egos. He seems perfectly willing to pander to a superiority complex. I guess it's surprirsing because, personally, I'd think of that as demeaning.
I’ll throw in Arkansas with OU and A&M. No way there are 9 other schools though

Can’t believe they let Steelfrog in the press box.

I kid.
2314 is not steel...I guess you have never been in the upper deck at Lupton. There is a press table in front of where the home-plate TV camera is, and when I spoke to Barnhouse I was sitting in a regular seat (by Spike, IIRC).

Eight

i haven't read the fwst or lived in the metroplex for decades so in the words of the immortal dick harmon, i wouldn't know barnhouse if he was standing on my big toe.

i did a quick good search and found he graduated from high school in columbia, missouri and then pops back up at the fwst in the mid 80's.

curious no college listed anywhere and the guy writes everywhere. seriously, found him linked to some postings in that community newsletter that gets delivered monthly

Purp

I’ll throw in Arkansas with OU and A&M. No way there are 9 other schools though
I'd expect more Arky fans to say aTm was their most hated rival instead of Texas. After aTm maybe LSU and Bama before they say Texas. I could be wrong. Proudly I'm not well informed on the opinions of Hogs fans. I only know 3 and one is more of a casual fan, but I've never heard the other 2 mention Texas at all.

TCU_91

The guy is a complete clown.

I commented on one of his many articles insulting the Frogs. Only to receive an email telling me he did NOT insult TCU. "And leave it to TCU alumni to have the thinest skin.."

I politely wrote him back and instructed him to continue suckin on UT''s male appendage. And to leave TCU out of his mouth.

I'd expect more Arky fans to say aTm was their most hated rival instead of Texas. After aTm maybe LSU and Bama before they say Texas. I could be wrong. Proudly I'm not well informed on the opinions of Hogs fans. I only know 3 and one is more of a casual fan, but I've never heard the other 2 mention Texas at all.
This may be true now. My Arky friends did and still do hate UT. However, hate goes away when you don't play (original 2314 line).

CountryFrog

The other 10 schools that claim Texas as their top rival:

A&M School of Engineering
A&M School of Liberal Arts
A&M School of Social Sciences
A&M School of Business
A&M School of Veteranary Studies
A&M School of Architecture
A&M School of Education
A&M School of Law
A&M School of Nursing
A&M School of Fake Military Studies

BABYFACE

2314 is not steel...I guess you have never been in the upper deck at Lupton. There is a press table in front of where the home-plate TV camera is, and when I spoke to Barnhouse I was sitting in a regular seat (by Spike, IIRC).
Unless my memory fails me, I purchased those 4 seats thru my account because I had more overall priority points. That was before they required you to be a baseball season ticket holder.

I heckled Barnhouse pretty good that evening.

Last edited:

Froggish

Who’s gonna put food on the table for Barnhouse?...The mass number of UT fans or the small number of Frogs...Follow the money. There’s no journalism happening hear..Every time someone clicks that article he builds his resume

Spike

To further your point, Moose: At the 2010 regional, Barnhouse - in the open press box space in upper deck behind home plate - was actively and loudly cheering for Baylor against Frogs. I was about four seats away from him, and when I yelled at him, "Wendall, media is supposed to be neutral" he just glared at me.

Dude were you sitting w/ Face and I that night? Barnyard about lost his mind after one of the Baylor errors. I started saying out loud, "but, but, but, we're in the Big 12." Gaylor couldn't touch Steve Maxwell that night and we beat them like 9-0 and went on to the Austinm super where we beat them to get to Omaha for the first time.

Spike

Unless my memory fails me, I purchased those 4 seats thru my account because I had more overall priority points. That was before they required you to be a baseball season ticket holder.

I heckled Barnhouse pretty good that evening.

Good times. Was that you, me, 2314, and the ex? Seems Satis was with us most of that regional.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Hey Mr. Wendell.

FB902329-FAB4-477B-9C8F-56FE4B948AB7.gif