• The KillerFrogs

Tech Fans on Twitter

TechAdvisor

Not sure what you want me to say. Some fans suck, literally everyone has bad fans but I don't think they represent the whole.
w7EGK66.png

I wish fans wouldn't throw things, cuss or yell at players, I don't. Although, I may have occasionally yelled at a ref or two.

I don't understand why Patterson has to embellish things(frozen water bottles in the 4th quarter during a September game) and stir the pot 4 years later.

This has really turned into a rivalry very similar to Tech's rivalry with A&M where things are embellished to the point where the non game action sucks up more oxygen than what's going on during the actual games(which have been mostly highly competitive and entertaining).

A lot of that is some of the Tech fans behavior and Tech fans need to grow up and treat opponents the way they want their coaches and players treated on the road and some of it is TCU fans, showgirls and Patterson publicly escalating the situation with half truths.

Just treat people like you want to be treated. I'm sure Patterson doesn't want embellished versions of the Pachall, Turpin or current player mistreatment lawsuits stories out there or to have them brought up years later. Why make up an implausible story about a frozen water bottle? In the same vein, Tech fans would be pissed if things were thrown at their coaches and players(they have been), so don't throw things at the opponents.

Last edited:

Benny

Another death/cover up from Baylor Athletics? Crazy to think the basketball team fiasco wasn't the first.

From the article:
"For that matter, what was the mayor of Waco doing in the middle of the A&M section? Was he a peacemaker?

Or did he attempt to build a case against a dead man to protect a relative and avoid scandal?"

Wow. Sound familiar? "Let's blame it on the dead guy". I guess Dave Bliss had green and gold precedent as to how to cover up a scandal.

AroundWorldFrog

Not sure what you want me to say. Some fans suck, literally everyone has bad fans but I don't think they represent the whole.
w7EGK66.png

I wish fans wouldn't throw things, cuss or yell at players, I don't. Although, I may have occasionally yelled at a ref or two.

I don't understand why Patterson has to embellish things(frozen water bottles in the 4th quarter during a September game) and stir the pot 4 years later.

This has really turned into a rivalry very similar to Tech's rivalry with A&M where things are embellished to the point where the non game action sucks up more oxygen than what's going on during the actual games(which have been mostly highly competitive and entertaining).

A lot of that is some of the Tech fans behavior and Tech fans need to grow up and treat opponents the way they want their coaches and players treated on the road and some of it is TCU fans, showgirls and Patterson publicly escalating the situation with half truths.

Just treat people like you want to be treated. I'm sure Patterson doesn't want embellished versions of the Pachall, Turpin or current player mistreatment lawsuits stories out there or to have them brought up years later. Why make up an implausible story about a frozen water bottle? In the same vein, Tech fans would be pissed if things were thrown at their coaches and players(they have been), so don't throw things at the opponents.
Well, 100% of the tweet idiots from your school said Patterson was a liar. I'm guessing the vast majority of TCU fans wouldn't deny this like your little choad boys.

Edit. You found the ONLY story about TCU apparently. Good job.

Last edited:

Lone Frog

From the article:
"For that matter, what was the mayor of Waco doing in the middle of the A&M section? Was he a peacemaker?

Or did he attempt to build a case against a dead man to protect a relative and avoid scandal?"

Wow. Sound familiar? "Let's blame it on the dead guy". I guess Dave Bliss had green and gold precedent as to how to cover up a scandal.

This, on the other hand, does not sound at all familiar:

"Baylor men were already to the rescue."

CountryFrog

w7EGK66.png

So there's no dispute that water bottles were thrown. Only the temperature of said bottles.

And these days, with all the advances in modern technology, it is possible to freeze water in any month of the year.

AroundWorldFrog

So there's no dispute that water bottles were thrown. Only the temperature of said bottles.

And these days, with all the advances in modern technology, it is possible to freeze water in any month of the year.
Tech fans are not familiar with such technology. They believe if the temperature is above 32, ice is not possible.

TechAdvisor

Yes. One is classless, crude, disrespectful but virtually harmless. Another could cause serious damage and could be considered a felony assault. I think the distinction is relatively important.

Would love a plausible explanation how a student sneaks in a frozen water bottle, keeps it frozen for 6 hours(2 hours standing in line for those student seats and 4 hours of game time) in the 80+ degree September game and has good enough aim to hit a player in the head.

Which is honestly more plausible; a student went through all those steps and managed to pull off an assault with zero witnesses outside of Patterson, or Gary Patterson is exaggerating to take a shot at a rival fanbase whom he recruits against?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yes. One is classless, crude, disrespectful but virtually harmless. Another could cause serious damage and could be considered a felony assault. I think the distinction is relatively important.

Would love a plausible explanation how a student sneaks in a frozen water bottle, keeps it frozen for 6 hours(2 hours standing in line for those student seats and 4 hours of game time) in the 80+ degree September game and has good enough aim to hit a player in the head.

Which is honestly more plausible; a student went through all those steps and managed to pull off an assault with zero witnesses outside of Patterson, or Gary Patterson is exaggerating to take a shot at a rival fanbase whom he recruits against?
Why not both?

YA

Cool--can we throw a multiple full water bottles at your head from 30 rows up at you? I guarantee you tech boy you will not think that full water bottles crashing down on your head are harmless!!!

As a matter of fact, lets try this little experiment shall we? You sign the waiver of liability on your stupidity and we will have a crack at your head.

Wanna make that bet?

TechAdvisor

Cool--can we throw a multiple full water bottles at your head from 30 rows up at you? I guarantee you tech boy you will not think that full water bottles crashing down on your head are harmless!!!

As a matter of fact, lets try this little experiment shall we? You sign the waiver of liability on your stupidity and we will have a crack at your head.

Wanna make that bet?

I incorrectly assumed everyone had the basic understanding that they weren't buying and throwing full water bottles at the very end of the game in the off chance that there would be a last second play that upset them.

This discussion has taken an unproductive turn. Fans shouldn't throw things at coaches and players and I'll leave the discussion at that.

TCURiggs

Isn't there a video out there of Davion Pearson having non-empty water bottles hurled at him while he's walking off the field, waiving (hilarious) after the 2015 game?

TCURiggs

2013 Thursday night game in Lubbock...horrible. During one of the commercial breaks almost the whole lower bowl turned to the TCU section and shouted "F*** you T-C-U" while bouncing their hands in the air rhythmically. They threw batteries and other things at the players AND us. After that night my Pastor vowed never to attend another game in Lubbock, and the next year the visitor section was moved to the alumni side.

I don't know if that game thread/post game thread is still on the site, but it would be interesting to reread. @TxFrog1999

I was at that game as well. Never seen that many people chanting coordinated obscenities like that. Had a couple of jackasses try to start something with us on the way out, and when we were grabbing beers after the game I had multiple bouncers tell me not to go in/be careful walking into bars in my TCU gear. Didn't have any problems in the bars, probably because they won, but there's just an amazing amount of shipheads in that town.