• The KillerFrogs

According to Barnhouse, no use even trying to win the B12

Limp Lizard

In brief article about the upcoming season in the B12, we see some of the old Barnhouse. Looking at TCU and OSU together, it will be a fight for third. Forget about it guys, it WILL be either Texas or OU.

TCU’s defense is always salty while Oklahoma State’s offense rarely has an issue lighting up the scoreboard. With veteran head coaches yearning for bounce-back seasons, the key for both the Frogs and the Cowboys will be productive quarterback play.

The team that does could finish as high as third in the standings.

https://www.pressboxdfw.com/media-days-await-big-12-teams/

MinFrog

Just like in our down years where we lose a bunch of close games and it is pretty safe to assume we bounce back, the exact opposite will happen to UT this year.

Here are some margin of victories for them:
Tulsa - 7
KSU - 5
OU - 3
Baylor - 6
Tech - 7
Kansas - 7
Georgia - 7

They were one possession away from losing/tying 7 of their 10 wins. They for sure caught some breaks last season that won't go their way this year. I would be surprised if they win 9 games. Feels like a 7 or 8 win team to me. And ESPN FPI agrees with me as they have them 7.7-4.6 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings).

As a side note, TCU is 7.3-4.8. So considering how up in the air our QB situation is, ESPN has TCU and UT with just about the same team this year. I think we have higher upside if we have a QB that clicks, along with a lower downside if we don't.

For newbies, Barnhouse was the B12 shill on the Startlegram for years. Many an article trying to prove how a non-BCS team could never be as good as a good BCS conference team. Back to his old tricks, I see.
Exactly. For all of you who complain about Mac Engle, Barnhouse has always been anti-TCU, and a Big12 sycophant. He's a far more pervasive enemy of TCU than Engle.

You might as well just let an algorithm write his articles. They’ve been the same for 20 years.
To further your point, Moose: At the 2010 regional, Barnhouse - in the open press box space in upper deck behind home plate - was actively and loudly cheering for Baylor against Frogs. I was about four seats away from him, and when I yelled at him, "Wendall, media is supposed to be neutral" he just glared at me.