• The KillerFrogs

Big XII Media Day (Day 2: ISU, WVU, BU, KSU, UT)

So they are interviewed the KState coach Chris Klieman (he is now at the podium). He understands what makes you win. Says he has only had 15 practices with this team so he doesn't know them that well but what he does know is he has a veteran OL and DL and that's what wins. He is going to continue build on those two areas. He also wants to unleash the QB which tells me he thought KSU didn't unleash their QBs in the past. He says he is going to leave the keys with Skylar Thompson, no more splitting reps between QBs.

in getting guys to come to K-State

Do you want to play early? With the transfer portal, you need guys to be able to play early. This attracts guys.

4 new coaches, Klieman is the only one replacing a legend

What coach did at K-state is phenomenal. I want to continue his legacy in my own way. I will lean on Collin for the traditions. I want him to be proud of the product on the field.

The most important thing we need to do is get the ball into the playmaker's hands. I recruited Skyler at North Dakota State, so I'm excited to get to work with him.

What's most impressive about your D Line?

They are good leaders. If you are going to be successful, it has to start up front. Their best football is still in front of them.

and that's all.... next up Texas

Eight

holy [ Finebaum ].....those power point slides ryann put up for football matters just gave me bad flashbacks for a terrible lunch meeting i had a month ago.

i swear these marketing group use the same freaking templates for every group presentation.

UT's Coach Herman.

uneventful offseason which is always a good thing in football.

Big news is we just broke ground on a south endzone 175 million renovation.

WR, Red Shirt Freshman, Woodard, broke his foot. Hope to have him back mid-season. Everyone else is healthy.

We have a championship administration and that's what wins National Championships. Chris Del Conte is great.

Took coach Brown 7 years to win a championship. It takes time. We were brought here to rebuild a program that is capable of sustaining success.

Who will define the offense this year?

that's subjective. it will be very similar. Cade Brewer is a great replacement for Andrew Beck. Same with LJ Humphrey. Our depth and talent at receiver is a huge strength. Cade played WR in HS.

We are going to make defenses defend a mobile QB. We want to be a power running team. We are slowly building that. Having a dominant Tight End helps.

He wants the A&M Rivalry renewed. It's good for the State. He doesn't know what happened in the meetings in 2011 but he wants to make it happen again. It's great for UT fans. We need a historic rival game in Austin. Wants a non-conference game that's 2 hours away rather than off in CA somewhere.

Were you excited to hear Bradshaw and Mayfield crap on your QB?

laughter from Herman. It was an irrelevant comment. Our guys file things away. Some guys from the recent bowl game were disrespectful to our team.

excited about: #26, Ingram. 2nd year in the system. Has put on more weight. Just try to get 4 more yards every time.

Jordan Whittington is another one he's excited about.

We need to make improvements on D. We have recruited well and developed them in the weight room. We are young and talented.

Todd Orlando is the cream of the crop when it comes to Defensive Coordinators