• The KillerFrogs

Big XII Media Day (Day 2: ISU, WVU, BU, KSU, UT)

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Coach Campbell likes how the TE positions gives his team the ability to create "multiplicities" on offense and not have to be the same team each week.

TxFrog1999

Asked about his team's QB situation these past few years he says as much as he has enjoyed the play at that position during that time he'd like to get to a place where that position is better established.

TxFrog1999

Asked about if the NFL appeals to him, given his name floating around the league.

Never really thought about it, my greatest passion is to develop young men, and he's humbled and grateful how the ISU administration has taken care of his staff.

TxFrog1999

And that's all from Coach Campbell (I really respect that guy).

Next up is the new coach at WVU, Neal Brown; we'll be back at 10:40

In the meantime, what do you think of ISU this season?

Another safety change will be to the blindside block. No player shall deliver a blind side block, will be ruled a 15-yard penalty.

The block is ruled as an open field block against an opponent that is initiated from outside the opponents field of vision, or otherwise in such a manner that the opponent cannot reasonable defend himself against the block.
Probably won't be called is the arms are extended.

TxFrog1999

Thoughts about the season coach?

Excited to be back in the B12 (was a coordinator). Complimenting players and staff in how they've bought in, but they're young and inexperienced and still has no idea what they'll look like.

TxFrog1999

He's very grateful by the way he and his family have been received by the fans and the WVU community. Only 5 hours from his hometown.

TxFrog1999

WVU 1 of 4 teams in the country with 11 P5 opponents, and that continues over the next few years.

He knew the schedule before he took the job. It is challenging, but I do think it is important, where they are geographically, to play natural rivals given the difficulties for their fans to travel.

TxFrog1999

What are your thoughts on Defense in the B12?

"I need to be careful how I say this..." There has been an extremely high level of play at QB in this league over the last several years.

TxFrog1999

Sorry, last response cut off short. Basically said that the defense woes have been because of the amazing QBs in the league, but that won't be the same every year.

TxFrog1999

How much do you need to tweak your offense to get it B12 ready based on what you did at Tech in 2012?

Had a lot of success at Tech in 2012, but its about taking the players you have and their strengths and attacking the opponents weaknesses.

TxFrog1999

Quick set of questions and Coach Brown is done.

Next up is Baylor's Coach Rhule at 11:15.

Unfortunately I need to leave early today, but Ryann will cover Rhule's comments.

Go Frogs!