• The KillerFrogs

OT- Pistol Thread

Wog68

Prefer the Colt 1911. Mine was made in 1918 and I'm the 4th owner. It has served in WW!, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Have the original leather. Bought it and a Honda generator for $350 and sold the generator for $300. I carried a 1911A1 in Nam, but this one shoots much better. Always remember, if you REALLY have to use your pistol, the .45 ACP does the job. My Father-In -Law used his on Saipan in one of the last Banzai attacks there to dispatch 5 Japanese and won the Silver Star.

netty2424

Mine is about 10 years old so I can't speak for their newer stuff - but I have been through thousands of rounds and never had a single FTF and the trigger safety makes the pull so perfect that I feel like some sort of marksman with it.
Impressive throughout without a feed failure.

HFrog1999

Prefer the Colt 1911. Mine was made in 1918 and I'm the 4th owner. It has served in WW!, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Have the original leather. Bought it and a Honda generator for $350 and sold the generator for $300. I carried a 1911A1 in Nam, but this one shoots much better. Always remember, if you REALLY have to use your pistol, the .45 ACP does the job.

The closest my Dad got to getting shot over there was when his SeaBee teammate was clearing his 1911 in the barracks after guard duty and he shot my Dad’s footlocker.

netty2424

Does anyone here CC a Glock 43?
giphy.gif

Wog68

The closest my Dad got to getting shot over there was when his SeaBee teammate was clearing his 1911 in the barracks after guard duty and he shot my Dad’s footlocker.
I have always thought of the Air Corp as the un-armed service until now.

netty2424

One of my completed 80% Glock compatible frames. That means the frame is 80% complete, you have to finish the machining work on it to make a functional firearm out of it. Because it's only 80% complete, there is no paperwork required for it. This is what the media likes to call a "ghost gun". Uses mostly Glock parts.
View attachment 5860

These are a couple of finished out 80% 1911 frames. Had to machine the slide rails, barrel seat, and drill hammer and sear pin holes.
View attachment 5861
Wait? What is this? A frame that is unfinished that doesn’t require paperwork?

WIN

He was lucky. His friends in another SeaBee team received several Purple Hearts because they discovered a VC weapons cache. They were harassed with sniper fire and boobytraps at their construction sites.

SeaBees are trained to fight, ideally they build.

image.jpg

Bought a used 223 ak with a .22 conversion from a family member. He showed how to convert it to a .22 and I was careful with where he was pointing it, sure enough the .22 was loaded.

Frog-in-law1995

He was lucky. His friends in another SeaBee team received several Purple Hearts because they discovered a VC weapons cache. They were harassed with sniper fire and boobytraps at their construction sites.

SeaBees are trained to fight, ideally they build.

image.jpg

Seems I saw a movie about fighting seabees once. Can’t remember what it was called.

WhatTheFrog

giphy.gif

EDIT: https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/glock-g48-9mm-safe-action-pistol

Only thing I don’t like is the two tone. Give me back or give me silver, don’t give me both.

The solid black ones were just announced a few days ago, so you're in luck.

If you have a 43 and buy a 48, you can interchange the slides with the frames and make a 43X or a "43 long slide".

Also, for any honorably discharged veterans out there, Glock is running a deal until Veterans' Day where you can buy one Glock at LE price. It's a fairly substantial discount. Go to GT Distributors in Dallas (or DFW Shooting Sports on Bedford Rd for a slightly higher price (different distributor types)) with DD-214 in hand or your DL/LTC with the Veteran endorsement on it.

Prices found here...
http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

WhatTheFrog

Wait? What is this? A frame that is unfinished that doesn’t require paperwork?
If the machining isn't finished, the frame cannot be made into a functional firearm. In that state, it is just a paperweight.

It is legal to build your own firearm, so long as it doesn't fall under any of the current NFA restrictions (short barreled rifle, shotgun under legal barrel and overall lengths, fully automatic firearms, suppressors). It is illegal to build a firearm and sell it or otherwise transfer it to another. At that point, you are a firearms manufacturer and must be federally licensed as such. I can build as many of these as I want as long as they are for my personal use. The government doesn't have to be aware.

https://www.rockeybrass.com/Complete-Build-Kits_c_613.html

Last edited:

WIN

Prefer the Colt 1911. Mine was made in 1918 and I'm the 4th owner. It has served in WW!, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Have the original leather. Bought it and a Honda generator for $350 and sold the generator for $300. I carried a 1911A1 in Nam, but this one shoots much better. Always remember, if you REALLY have to use your pistol, the .45 ACP does the job. My Father-In -Law used his on Saipan in one of the last Banzai attacks there to dispatch 5 Japanese and won the Silver Star.

1911 is a John Browning masterpiece. The Ithaca Model 37 pump mentioned in the shotgun thread is another. Love both!