• The KillerFrogs

GP: screw you Mac

froginmn

I don't think he hates TCU, I just think he's devoid of any real insight so he posts and writes stupid things to try to get a reaction.

Case in point he tweeted today that TCU has six guys vying for the QB spot, and said:

If you have six QBs you have none

Of course, every program has multiple players at every position, so that tweet was complete idiocy.

Mean Purple

I don't think he hates TCU, I just think he's devoid of any real insight so he posts and writes stupid things to try to get a reaction.

Case in point he tweeted today that TCU has six guys vying for the QB spot, and said:

If you have six QBs you have none

Of course, every program has multiple players at every position, so that tweet was complete idiocy.
Devoid of real insight is a legit view of him. But it is why he and others are that way that is the problem. Too many in the journalist world just want to see OU and texas as the top of the league. So it is easier to write about. This laziness is displayed in the articles he puts out.

Billy Clyde

He doesn’t hate TCu

I think you’re way off base on the guy he’s not here to paint a picture of purple unicorns and flowers

I agree with the second point, but ask yourself a question: What the heck IS he here for? Seriously.
To Inform? (Fail) Rarely, if ever has anything he has written had "news" content.
To Enlighten? (Fail) Do his "articles" provoke thought on a deeper level? Or at all? Not that I've ever noticed.
To Entertain? (Fail) Ever get a chuckle from his writing? Or just irritated at the failed, snide attempt at smarmy humor? IMO, his stuff pretty much ALWAYS falls into the, "swing and a miss," category.

Maybe I'm just excessively Old School, but Inform, Enlighten, or Entertain are the only reasons I can think of for newspapers, and their, "writers" to exist.

I think what makes it even worse is, that there have been so many good-to-great ones come through Fort Worth, some of whom would no doubt love to have the opportunity he continually wastes.

Punter1

He doesn't hate TCU...he just writes these articles because he knows it gets him the most attention.

He is darning awful....

[QUOTE="Billy Clyde, post: 2735055, member: 73690"
there have been so many good-to-great ones come through Fort Worth, some of whom would no doubt love to have the opportunity he continually wastes.[/QUOTE]

Frog-in-law1995

This is correct, of course. Nothing of real value to say, so he goes the cheap route and tries to manufacture some bit of drama. Like a comedian with no real wit who just cusses and talks about sex a lot. He’s basically Kathy Griffin...telling the newspaper version of a vagina joke.

Last edited:

Froglaw

He doesn’t hate TCu

I ask a question that everyone of those forms I ask of them selves and that’s a fair question.

I don’t agree with everything you’re right but I do think He asked for a fair question of Coach Patterson and has nothing to do with TCU hate you guys think what you want it’s your prerogative but I think you’re way off base on the guy he’s not here to paint a picture of purple unicorns and flowers

I liked your post Wes.

I still won't read Muck's ramblings in the land of burnt orange giants stomping on every other school in the nation.

Just me.

Dogfrog

Sometime in my lifetime the big $$$ in journalism made a move from truth and professionalism to bomb throwing. For everyone except Muck. He keeps tossing those grenades but still ultimately destined for the Thrifty Nickel.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Sometime in my lifetime the big $$$ in journalism made a move from truth and professionalism to bomb throwing. For everyone except Muck. He keeps tossing those grenades but still ultimately destined for the Thrifty Nickel.
Sadly, mostly true.
Bring back The Newsroom! (HBO)

Zubaz

To Entertain? (Fail) Ever get a chuckle from his writing? Or just irritated at the failed, snide attempt at smarmy humor? IMO, his stuff pretty much ALWAYS falls into the, "swing and a miss," category.
His articles rarely entertain me, but the multiple page posts of everyone getting triggered by mean newspaper man and wanting his press pass revoked or banned from campus never fails to give me a chuckle.