• The KillerFrogs

Top things you want to see as a fan at the 2019 home games

Ron Swanson

In addition to everything else already said...

On the topic of music selection, please play some actual Country (or better yet Country-Western) and none of this Nash-Vegas pseudo-country crap. You would think that there was no good Country music to ever come out of Fort Worth or even the state of Texas with the songs they choose.

My preference - pick out some songs or musicians with a Fort Worth (or at least West Texas) connection. A little Bob Wills, Willie Nelson, Pat Green, or Townes Van Zandt (esp. Dollar Bill Blues) would be great.

But if nothing else, please, for the love of Marty Robbins, absolutely no more Honkytonk Bedonkadonk. If I here that at a TCU game one more time (let alone forcing the Showgirls to dance to it), I’m gonna puke.
DefiniteUnimportantHylaeosaurus-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_m7a4wrHegO1qhwga0o1_400.gif

LisaLT

It’s interesting how there was such a grass roots effort to not shop at Walmart 5-6-7-10(however many) years ago as they were putting small town grocery stores and retail shops out of business.

Yet because Amazon delivers(Walmart did not at the time), no one seems to care about Amazon putting businesses out of business.
Yes amazon has taken it to a whole new level. I have to say, I do like to shop local and support small business owners whenever possible. They are sooo important to our economy as well as providing beautiful quality unique products that might not be available on amazon. That’s where innovation starts. :)

Rabidfrog

Fans in their seats earlier than usual.
Fans stay the entire game.
A healthy team all year long.
A consistent FG kicker!!!!
A QB that isn't turnover prone.
Beer sales to keep the fans in the stadium with no re-entry.
Turn down the speakers.
Fewer commercial breaks. Yeah right.
No more jazzy "Deep in the Heart of Texas".
all but beer.

ticketfrog123

A legit way for me to take an empty seat on the west side instead of nose bleeds

West side 400 has plenty of availability. Hardly nosebleeds at the lower rows.

If you have >100 priority points, then you can move into the 300s (301-304 & 312-316) during renewal process

HFrog12

You had a couple good ideas, but the second I saw these two I thought maybe this entire post was a joke. Particularly, "all I do is win" when all the fans are supposed to yell "T-C-U". Instead of letting fans do the yelling the have piped in crowd yelling "T-C-U". It is just terrible

Those are probably my two least favorite things about the gameday experience. Those two things along with the insanely loud speaker system are plain awful.

+1

Spike

West side 400 has plenty of availability. Hardly nosebleeds at the lower rows.

If you have >100 priority points, then you can move into the 300s (301-304 & 312-316) during renewal process

I am guessing those are the end zone to 10 yard line areas? I don't remember seeing 2 seats together between the 20s. I would love to be in the 300s but I am on on the aisle close to midfield, still about 20 rows up. The last few years I've been moving up about 2 rows a season. Not going to give up midfield for the 10 yard line. So I guess I will get there in about 10 years.

How about a mock execution. Every week it can be someone we all hate. Art Briles the first week, Muck Angel the next. BEVO the next week.

Have a GP lookalike holding a huge axe and chop their head off. Or, a ridiculously large guilotine for dramatic effect. Then the GP lookalike can run around the field yelling, “are you reeeeeeeaaaaaaaadddddddyyyyyyy!!” and throw the decapitated head into the crowd.

Now THAT would get the crowd pumped up.

ticketfrog123

I am guessing those are the end zone to 10 yard line areas? I don't remember seeing 2 seats together between the 20s. I would love to be in the 300s but I am on on the aisle close to midfield, still about 20 rows up. The last few years I've been moving up about 2 rows a season. Not going to give up midfield for the 10 yard line. So I guess I will get there in about 10 years.

I believe 303 and 309 are between the 20s. Call it 25 or 30.

I moved down from the 400s to a seat on the 10 in the 300s and have zero regrets.

Much quicker getting out, can still see 90% of the game.

Spike

I believe 303 and 309 are between the 20s. Call it 25 or 30.

I moved down from the 400s to a seat on the 10 in the 300s and have zero regrets.

Much quicker getting out, can still see 90% of the game.

Are they much more expensive than the 400s? I am in the 2000s on priority points, can't remember why I wouldn't have jumped on those.

nwlafrog

Just saw today or yesterday that WM is committing to next-day delivery on all their cheap chinese crepe. Assuming without knowing that it's going to be free or close to it, ala Prime. I don't know what they could ever do that would prevent the feeling walking into their stores of having the soul sucked out of me.

A Chinese Crepe a day keeps the doctor away. I’ve always said that.

LeagueCityFrog

Gary is going to take care of the on the field product for sure, my posts are focused just for fan experience and how to get the crowd in the game earlier and loud as the team runs out. In that spirit, here are three examples of TCU produced or contract purchased team intro videos. I think the crowd reaction tells you which style was more effective building crowd cheering. I keep harping that these intro videos need to be crisp, like 60 seconds or under, and not too wordy. I also think the Brent Musberger, "And TCU is Going to Win the Rose Bowl!" video and audio segment should be part of every TCU intro video. Instant purple crowd fire upper.

This was the 2016 intro video. Super Frog got a louder cheer from the fans than our team. This video was too long, too wordy, and weird. When you have someone like FDR talking about nuclear fallout shelters you're going to lose the crowd.

Here is the 2014 intro video. Just over a minute, plays like a rock video, shows elements of TCU football, speed and hard hitting defense, easy to enjoy.

Here is the 2015 intro video. Crisp, around 1 minute, very well edited, no spoken word, music does a great job building to the end.

Two angles from two games in the same season.

Last edited: