• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
That Wimbledon final was awesome. I was hoping Roddick would pull it out.
cover10.jpg

HFrog1999

For people who play fantasy football, our last place punishment is happening today at the Rangers game. He’s having to stand with a sign in the left field upper deck the entire game. He’s only able to sit between innings. He picked this option over an ass tattoo and paying for our round of golf we play before our draft.

Pic of the sign?

netty2424

scary morning. This was my wife and one of her sister’s birthday weekend and 4 of the 6 sisters were staying here at the house. I was brushing my teeth and getting ready for church when I heard them all screaming. A totally different type of scream. I guess panic screaming and crying. I ran into the kitchen and my sister in law was having a massive seizure and was not breathing. The girls didn’t know what to do. I told Mrs NWLA to call 911 and I managed to get her sister on her side to open her airway and had another sister get pillows for me to tuck under her and support her. Thankfully she started breathing and by the time the ambulance arrived she was upright and recovering. Scary
She have a history of seizures? Hope it all turns out ok.

Was at Friday’s restaurant in Arlington in high school. We were close to the door leading into the kitchen. A server walked out with a full tray of food on his shoulder. Drops to the ground seizing with the entire tray crashing to the ground.

The guy literally fell at my feet. No idea how he eventually turned out as the paramedics rolled him off, but similarly I had to roll him onto his side. He busted his orbital bone pretty badly and was bleeding everywhere and his eye almost immediately swelled shut.

Scary to watch. Bizarre to think how the brain can cross up and cause a person to seize like that.

Ron Swanson

Was at Friday’s restaurant in Arlington in high school. We were close to the door leading into the kitchen. A server walked out with a full tray of food on his shoulder. Drops to the ground seizing with the entire tray crashing to the ground.

The guy literally fell at my feet. No idea how he eventually turned out as the paramedics rolled him off, but similarly I had to roll him onto his side. He busted his orbital bone pretty badly and was bleeding everywhere and his eye almost immediately swelled shut.

Scary to watch. Bizarre to think how the brain can cross up and cause a person to seize like that.
I was walking up to the Rice versus Ole Miss baseball game around 2005 or so and a really old guy fell to the ground in front of me a little ways from the stadium. I ran up to him and he wasn’t breathing so I started to administer CPR. I felt his ribs crack when I started doing chest compressions and he came to almost immediately. He tried to get up but then fell back down, so I held him down. I felt bad about the ribs but I think I probably saved his life. Myself and a couple other people hung around until the ambulance got there a couple minutes later. Then they just kind of took him away and I walked into the game. Last I ever heard of it. Kinda anti-climactic.

netty2424

Anyone recommend a kid friendly resort in/around Ft Worth, that has kid pools, water fun, etc for 2&4 year olds?

Looking at Gaylord, Anatole in Dallas.

But would prefer Ft Worth if there’s any place like that.

Not really looking for something as big as Hurricane Harbor or Greatwolf lodge. Looking for a more quiet weekend getaway that’s drive in/drive out.

netty2424

I was walking up to the Rice versus Ole Miss baseball game around 2005 or so and a really old guy fell to the ground in front of me a little ways from the stadium. I ran up to him and he wasn’t breathing so I started to administer CPR. I felt his ribs crack when I started doing chest compressions and he came to almost immediately. He tried to get up but then fell back down, so I held him down. I felt bad about the ribs but I think I probably saved his life. Myself and a couple other people hung around until the ambulance got there a couple minutes later. Then they just kind of took him away and I walked into the game. Last I ever heard of it. Kinda anti-climactic.
Man that’s incredible Ron. Good on ya!

Did you know CPR or just start compressions?

MTfrog5

Anyone recommend a kid friendly resort in/around Ft Worth, that has kid pools, water fun, etc for 2&4 year olds?

Not really looking for something as big as Hurricane Harbor or Greatwolf lodge. Looking for a more quiet weekend getaway that’s drive in/drive out.
I’d do Great Wolfe over Gaylord every time if kids were coming along

Dogfrog

So it was YOU broke my ribs! (Jk). Good job doing something instead of walking away afraid to get involved.

netty2424

I’d do Great Wolfe over Gaylord every time if kids were coming along
Yah I guess we were just looking for something a little lore low key than GWL. I don’t know much about it, but I’m picturing it being a thousand kids running and screaming everywhere. Maybe my perception is wrong.

Purp

I've heard good things about Pirates Cove in Burleson right off I-35.

nwlafrog

Yes, she has epilepsy. The crazy thing is my dog ran out the front door just before the seizure. Had we not spent 15 minutes chasing him around causing us to be behind schedule she could’ve had the seizure behind the wheel with her infant on her way to church. She had gone an extended amount of time without a seizure and had just been cleared to get her license back. Her husband is legally blind and can’t drive so she was ecstatic to be able to drive again.......Then this happened.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate

A lady that works with me just went to the Anatole last week. And she said it absolutely sucked. They sell rooms cheap to fill up the hotel. There are people everywhere. No room in the pools. No room in lazy river. No chairs. She asked the bartender if was always like this and he confirmed it was. She and her husband checked out a day early.

Jellystone/Pirates Cove

Latest posts