• The KillerFrogs

OT - Best Custom Home Contractor/Builder

Realtorfrog

So many variables.....

Price

Interview several and go with the one that listens and takes your ideas and communicates with you. Don’t trust you have to visit your build site almost daily to check on things.

Remember subs do most of the work!

Pharm Frog

I have a former employee who builds custom homes (if he’s still doing that). He only builds a couple a year. I know he built a house for Jason Whitten and have heard nothing but great things about his work. I like Al Cuoto houses. He has an interesting domed bathroom thing he likes to do. Will Steed also builds a quality home (also Granbury based). Build one for my sister and BIL and they have been thrilled with him.

Dogfrog

Looking for contractors to look at “probably” scraping and building a new lake house on a great waterfront lot east of Dallas. Current house about 1600 sf, pier and beam on a sloped lot. Everything else great - retaining wall, dock, etc. Just the house.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Off the top of my head. Mike Farris, David Lewis and Glendarroch

Glendarroch has a great reputation. So does Farris and Lewis

My dad was a home builder so I learned enough growing up around that industry to be dangerous.

But I would buy a torpedo level and a square and check every surface, stud and beam. Don’t let them give you run around answers. Insist on quality

Last edited: