• The KillerFrogs

2019 Football Regular Season Predictions

Froggish

Was strolling through Twitter and came across a 20 minute interview GP recently did with Baylor homer Matt Mosley. Typical boring interview where GP says nothing of substance but in the interview he is asked about JRogers. Incredible how fast he blew right through the question and started talking about all 6 QBs....He did mention several times that this years team has much better leadership then last..

asleep003

Was strolling through Twitter and came across a 20 minute interview GP recently did with Baylor homer Matt Mosley. Typical boring interview where GP says nothing of substance but in the interview he is asked about JRogers. Incredible how fast he blew right through the question and started talking about all 6 QBs....He did mention several times that this years team has much better leadership then last..

Better than last year's leadership means an extra game or 2 and another game or 2 wins, with few injuries. So looking at an 8-4 to a 10-2 season.

TX_Krötenechse

Defense will be roughly as good as last season. Very strong secondary and DT but inexperienced and undersized at LB and zero experience at DE will probably come out as a wash.

Offense will improve simply by reverting to the mean, regardless of who is QB. We have one proven weapon on offense and should have a strong RB corps but they’re currently up in the air. OL should improve.

I’ll take 8-4. Losses to OU, UT, ISU, and someone else.

Of course there’s always the possibility that TCU will become a complete ground-and-pound team this season with Delton under center and will win every B12 game 17-0 on the backs of our defense and running backs.

Volare

Here's the latest update. Up to 71 predictions now- well off the pace, but lots of time still. Also starting to get a lot of non-predictions and such in those far right columns, but there is plenty of time to correct those.

vufHhcX.png

LawFrog504

So 4 letter words would get us kicked off this board in the past … but this is OK.?.
My bet is that this coward wouldn't dare make this comment to helcap's face.
Haha, you people really need to get out more, my god. If you think this is bad or worthy of a ban, I invite you to check literally any other message board of a P5 team in the country.

asleep003

If Delton starts = 6 wins

Rogers (healthy) = 8 wins

Baldwin = 9-10 wins

Pretty ridiculous, it seems ....

a) If Delton good enough to beat out Rogers(who would win 8), only wins 6 ?
b) If Rogers good enough to beat out Baldwin(who would win 9-10), only wins 8 ?
c) If Delton good enough to beat out Baldwin(who would win 9-10), only wins 6 ?
d) Collins in the most recent 2 deep roster, seems to be ranked #2 presently ?

Perhaps one of the least thought out posts of the month.

Last edited:

Froggish

We would have won 8-9 last year just staying healthy. That’s even with SR at QB..Im confident we would have beat Tech and KS had Gaines and Cordell not gone down and we had to bring in Moehrig. Gaines and Cordell Both meant that much to last years team.

Our talent level has risen to the point that 9-10 wins every year shouldn’t be an issue. It’s all about health for us..When healthy we are very tough. If we can solve OU a few years in a row, which I think is a possibility with good offensive play, the program will take on elite status..OU is the marker

Froginbedford

We would have won 8-9 last year just staying healthy. That’s even with SR at QB..Im confident we would have beat Tech and KS had Gaines and Cordell not gone down and we had to bring in Moehrig. Gaines and Cordell Both meant that much to last years team.

Our talent level has risen to the point that 9-10 wins every year shouldn’t be an issue. It’s all about health for us..When healthy we are very tough. If we can solve OU a few years in a row, which I think is a possibility with good offensive play, the program will take on elite status..OU is the marker

It will take LIncoln Riley being fired or retiring and Charlie Strong being hired to replace him in order for the Frogs too beat OU at least once, never mind two years in a row....The 2005 upset came at the expense of John Blakely (a rung below Charlie Strong; who has heard of Blakely since?) and the 2014 upset was because of the Treyvone Boykin-to-Josh Doctson freak show (which will probably not be repeated in my lifetime)....

Eight

It will take LIncoln Riley being fired or retiring and Charlie Strong being hired to replace him in order for the Frogs too beat OU at least once, never mind two years in a row....The 2005 upset came at the expense of John Blakely (a rung below Charlie Strong; who has heard of Blakely since?) and the 2014 upset was because of the Treyvone Boykin-to-Josh Doctson freak show (which will probably not be repeated in my lifetime)....

i have never heard of john blakely before, during, or after the 2005 game

Froggish

I disagree...We just haven’t hired the right OC yet...

Casey T

Gary just hasn't cracked the code yet. He will soon. (our offense is also a big part of the problem)