• The KillerFrogs

UT gives free tuition to in-state undergrads from homes of $65K or less

Pharm Frog

Those of you talking about undergraduate enrollments should remember how these numbers are getting unbelievably inflated by some regional schools through their high school concurrent coursework programs. One university enrolls over 2,400 students this way. Enrollment numbers can be quite misleading.

TCUdirtbag

Those of you talking about undergraduate enrollments should remember how these numbers are getting unbelievably inflated by some regional schools through their high school concurrent coursework programs. One university enrolls over 2,400 students this way. Enrollment numbers can be quite misleading.

Exception not the norm. The vast majority of concurrent enrollment courses run through community/junior colleges, not regional universities.

Pharm Frog

Exception not the norm. The vast majority of concurrent enrollment courses run through community/junior colleges, not regional universities.

Becoming the trend. And the funding formula encourages it. The university I worked at most recently (a regional university) was all-in on live and online concurrents and were beginning to show recruiting correlations. They were even considering structuring what would have been a de facto "college of concurrent studies" but then the president left and I'm not sure what became of that idea. My undergraduate alma mater (also a regional university) has a goal of getting to 4,000 concurrent students and another regional university with a VP of Enrollment Management that used to work for me is gearing up for something similar and believes they can use a border exemption to help. One regional university in Texas is 25% concurrent. You are correct that the majority still run through community college systems but the game is getting bigger for these regional schools and should increase as they start seeing some correlation to FTE enrollments. It's enough of a trend that some legislators are trying to figure out a way to protect this market for community colleges.