• The KillerFrogs

Update... The Good... the bad and the ugly

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
after spending a few days in the hospital because of blood clots in the lungs ( man those things hurt),I am back home and trying to get back into the swing of things

For the last 10 weeks,i have been on a drug called Avastin, which ran roughshod on my body. It destroyed my appetite and left me tired as heck all the time

It’s also used to treat macular degeneration and for that, it’s injected binto the eyeball. Fortunately I got mine through an IV.

However, with the appearance of some new symptoms, the Dr took me off of it because she didn’t think it was working. I didn’t complain about that at all. Avastin was rough stuff.

So for a while I am off all cancer meds but that may change in the future
As th tumors progress, I am losing some followers nction on my left side. My left hand is basically an ornament as there is little I can do with it. Fortunately my left foot and leg work but they are weak. Another sign of tumor activity and swelling in the brain is the frequency of headaches that I get. They aren’t severe but I get 3-4 per day.

I really miss the independence of being able to get getup and do simple things like going to the bathroom without bothering my wife and getting her to help me.
This also true taking a shower. Since I am now ahospice patient, they send over a lady to help me shower. I’m not used to showering with an audience so this has been an experience

That’s about all. Sorry for the negative news but there’s not a lot of positive news other than I am still here and ready for the season to begin

Love you guys

Relic

Wes, what you're going through I wouldn't wish on anyone. But when you mention the woman sent to help you bathe...well, you gotta see the bright spots when they appear. I'd dump a whole case of soap bars into the shower and stay in there until the water heater quit...

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes, what you're going through I wouldn't wish on anyone. But when you mention the woman sent to help you bathe...well, you gotta see the bright spots when they appear. I'd dump a whole case of soap bars into the shower and stay in there until the water heater quit...
She’s not exactly s beauty queen but nice idea

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Prayers and positive thoughts coming at ya.
Pray for my soul,
More things are wrought by prayer
Than this world dreams of,
Therefore, let your voice rise for me
Like a fountain, both day and night.
For what are men better than sheep or goats
That nourish a blind life within the brain?
If knowing God, they lift not prayers
Both for themselves and those that call them friend.
For so the whole round world is tied
To the feet of God'by chains of gold.