• The KillerFrogs

OT: Shotguns

flyfishingfrog

Spanish SxS - just saying give them a look

All the advantages of English Best gun design and weight at 1/20th the price

The Basque’s know their guns

Ray Finkle

Bass Pro has Beretta 686 Silver Pigeons on sale for $1,775.97 during their 2nd Amendment Sale

Regular Price $2,149.99
Sale Price $1,849.97
Less 4% instant savings ($74)
$1,775.97+tax

Not a horrible price but you could probably do better in the used market.

RufeBruton

Ramp up your skills with a taser first. If you can bring down a dove with a taser, then you should be able to bring down virtually anything with your cold steely look; even a clay pigeon.

WhatTheFrog

When you figure out what you want, be sure to check out https://www.wikiarms.com/ for prices. Just type the model into the search field. DFW Shooting Sports in the HEB area does transfers for $10 for LTC holders, probably not much more if you don't have one. If you order from out of state, you don't pay sales tax.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Ramp up your skills with a taser first. If you can bring down a dove with a taser, then you should be able to bring down virtually anything with your cold steely look; even a clay pigeon.
zoolander.jpg

asleep003

If you can't find what you're exactly looking for, you might give Dick Cheney a buzz … he's said to be knowledgeable with the buckshot.

Or... I've got a Steven 311 side by side 20 gauge, that I'll let you have for $275. Real sportsmen shoot dove/quail with the 20 gauge and especially the 410 single shot.

WIN

Any Ithaca Model 37 or Winchester Model 12 fans out there? Both fantastic pump shotguns. Best ones are pre 1970's. Browning A-5 Sweet Sixteen is a nice choice as well.

A nice side by side with English stock and double triggers makes a beautiful gun.

28 gauge is excellent for dove.

Big fan of buying online and going through FFL. You can get what you are looking for!

Froglaw

I'm a hunter, but I shoot clays twice a year with a buddy who has one of those expensive O/U he got when he turned 60 a few years back.

My shotgun is my Mossberg pump 12 gauge goose gun.

I grab a box of 7 1/2 shells x 4 and beat him at his home range the last 4 years.

Really Ps him off.

Get the gun/rifle/pistol you are most comfortable with when going into the field.

The range is where you practice to get comfortable.

tcujsauce

I'm sure a semi auto would be fun, but my Remington 870 Wingmaster has been ol' faithful for me, and it only cost me about $600.

Punter1

After years of struggling with jammed semi autos i got an over under 5 years ago and I'm never ever ever going back...

Trust me...get an over under...makes life so much easier...that 3rd shell isnt that big a deal.

H0RNEDFR0G

Looking to purchase a new semi auto shotgun.

Will use primarily for clay shooting and dove/quail hunting.

I want a wood stock, but not positive what make or model I want yet. So far I'm considering the:
Beretta A400 Upland
Beretta A400 Xplor Action
Browning Maxus
Browning A5
Remington 1100

Willing to pay a little more for a gun that I'll be happy with for a lifetime.

Curious to hear the board's opinions and recommendations.

Thanks

I have a Benelli 828U and love it. Highly recommend.

Ron Swanson

After years of struggling with jammed semi autos i got an over under 5 years ago and I'm never ever ever going back...

Trust me...get an over under...makes life so much easier...that 3rd shell isnt that big a deal.
I have a Browning Citori O/U as well as the Benelli SBE2 (the Browning is actually my brother’s but he never shoots it, so I just kind of took it from him).

I’ve had the Benelli for about four years and it’s never once jammed. They’re both great guns but the Benelli is more versatile and I never really shoot the Browning anymore.