• The KillerFrogs

Looks like we got seven MLB players...where does that rank???

Punter1

Gotta be Top 10 right??? I have no idea but with T Alexander making his debut last night we have a bunch of dudes in the show all of a sudden.

Carp
Jake
Holaday
Bench Cron
Cashner
Alex Young
Alexander
Crichton

Those close to being up...
Finnegan - Needs to get healthy
Witte - Needs a chance or new team. BoSox are loaded.
Howie - Could easily be a Sept call up. Doing great in AA right now.

Pharm Frog

It’s been a while since I’ve seen an article on this but it’s probably close to the Top 10 if not in it. I recall reading a while a go that Long Beach State had the most followed by LSU. Texas was in the Top 10 but that was it for the Big 12. I think to crack the Top 10 you needed 6 or 7 in The Show. That was either earlier this year or last season.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Would the baseball smart types and/or tcudoc educate the rest of the unwashed masses—-with the 2 major surgeries Matt Purke had, could he mount a real comeback or is he just playing for fun & a weekly paycheck now?

Pharm Frog

Would the baseball smart types and/or tcudoc educate the rest of the unwashed masses—-with the 2 major surgeries Matt Purke had, could he mount a real comeback or is he just playing for fun & a weekly paycheck now?

Depending on what your definition is of "a real comeback", it's possible I suppose. I'll define a "real comeback" as throwing at least one pitch in a MLB game. If he does manage to get back on the radar and make a comeback, I don't think it would be a Disney-story line like Morris, but I still think it's a long, long-shot. That said, he's a lefty in a game that is increasingly relying on pen arms earlier and earlier. That means the market conditions are favorable and teams know that he's had a taste of the Show. He's also with a team that has seen more than a handful of players make that climb before. It could happen but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Double V

Active major leaguers

1. One school with 12
2. 2 schools with 11
3. 1 school with 10
4 1 school with 9
5. 2 with 8
6. 5 with 7
7. 4 with 6 including TCU

Like I said...tied at 13th.

There are 12 schools ahead of TCU with 7 or more, and TCU (along with 3 others) has 6.

Froggish

We are ranked way behind the folllowing schools

The University of Dominican Republic
The University of Cuba
The University of Columbia