• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Ron Swanson

On the camera angle behind homeplate you can see the moment Marisnick decided to take Lucroy out...makes an obvious change in his run path and,ownership his shoulder into him.
Disagree

I think they both decided to go the same direction at the same time. Kind of like when you accidentally dance with a stranger in the grocery store. It was a split-second decision / bang-bang play.

Did that same camera angle show Lucroy moving inside to make a play on the ball before the collision because that's what I saw too. I blame neither. Catcher went out to make the catch and runner made the decision to take an inside path all in a matter of milliseconds.

Come on man. You're smarter than that. In today's game no one takes the inside route to the plate. Under today's rules, that's about as [ Finebaum ]ty of a play at the plate by Marisnick. He needs to watch some film of Elvis and learn how to slide. Elvis is one of the best in the game at avoiding a tag, especially at the plate.

Ron Swanson

Come on man. You're smarter than that. In today's game no one takes the inside route to the plate. Under today's rules, that's about as [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty of a play at the plate by Marisnick. He needs to watch some film of Elvis and learn how to slide. Elvis is one of the best in the game at avoiding a tag, especially at the plate.
I think y’all are a bunch of bitter Ranger fans trying to demonize the evil Astro.

Jake is one of the best guys in the game and was clearly shooken up by it after the collision. Pretty clear it was an accident.

What would be his motivation for “trying to take him out” anyway? It’s against the rules to mow the catcher over and we were in a tie game late.

Pharm Frog

Come on man. You're smarter than that. In today's game no one takes the inside route to the plate. Under today's rules, that's about as [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty of a play at the plate by Marisnick. He needs to watch some film of Elvis and learn how to slide. Elvis is one of the best in the game at avoiding a tag, especially at the plate.

I don't watch enough MLB to know if "no one takes the inside route to the plate" or not. But if it's true, that's precisely the route I would take. I also assume you are talking about Elvis the Ranger. Can't speak to that which I haven't seen. I did watch the play in question in full speed time and in slow motion. Both players moved to the inside at virtually the same time. If I'm assessing blame, I give it to the 3rd base coach.

Creeperfrog

Personally, I think the catcher intended to block the plate. Those guys are beasts and have a lot of pride in their toughness. If he had to move "inside" to catch the ball, why the hell was he in front of the plate in the first place. If he had to "move inside" then he should only have one foot next to the plate, not his entire body in the base path.

I think y’all are a bunch of bitter Ranger fans trying to demonize the evil Astro.

Jake is one of the best guys in the game and was clearly shooken up by it after the collision. Pretty clear it was an accident.

What would be his motivation for “trying to take him out” anyway? It’s against the rules to mow the catcher over and we were in a tie game late.

I don't know but he did. Has nothing to do with who was on the field. Hell, Lucroy is my kryptonite. Not only is just plain weird, he was worthless when he was here.

Personally, I think the catcher intended to block the plate. Those guys are beasts and have a lot of pride in their toughness. If he had to move "inside" to catch the ball, why the hell was he in front of the plate in the first place. If he had to "move inside" then he should only have one foot next to the plate, not his entire body in the base path.

They can't block the plate anymore. He was set up where they are taught to receive a relay. The runner had tons of real estate on the back half.

I don't watch enough MLB to know if "no one takes the inside route to the plate" or not. But if it's true, that's precisely the route I would take. I also assume you are talking about Elvis the Ranger. Can't speak to that which I haven't seen. I did watch the play in question in full speed time and in slow motion. Both players moved to the inside at virtually the same time. If I'm assessing blame, I give it to the 3rd base coach.

Why the base coach?

PO Frog

The rangers’ season is over so the fans are resorting to taking shots at the top dog.

FBallFan123

Did that same camera angle show Lucroy moving inside to make a play on the ball before the collision because that's what I saw too. I blame neither. Catcher went out to make the catch and runner made the decision to take an inside path all in a matter of milliseconds.

Camera angle...

You can see where he plants his right foot and then where contact is made with Lucroy...

Last edited: