• The KillerFrogs

If you could pick.....

Planks

Unless your team already has an established great quarterback on the roster, the answer to this question should ALWAYS be a great quarterback from the past. The position is simply too important. Take your pick, Baugh, O’brien, Dalton, Boykin.

Yeah LT was great, but we can more than get by with Anderson, Sewo, Demarcado, Barlow, and Foster. And let’s be honest, how many games last season did you find yourself saying “if only we had a better runningback, we would win this game”.

jake102

Yeah this is definitely a situation where LT isn't the right answer. QB is a big weakness while RB is a big strength

talor

Let's make this interesting and say it cant be Ladanian or a QB. I think I might go with Marcus Cannon or Jr year Tommy Blake.

jake102

Let's make this interesting and say it cant be Ladanian or a QB. I think I might go with Marcus Cannon or Jr year Tommy Blake.

I'd probably go Jerry Hughes. Although Cannon is a really tempting choice. Would consider Daryl Washington also

Frog DJ

Bob Lilly in his prime could "eat" three blockers all by himself, and he absolutely dominated the line scrimmage.

Many also underestimate the talent of Jim Swink, who was a great RB, but he might have been an even better DB.

Go Frogs!

SuperBarrFrog

giphy.gif

TK2000

Obvious Choices: Dalton, Boykin, LT, Doctson.

But I’d love to have Verrett, or Paul Dawson back for one season. Verrett could have locked down guys like Hollywood Brown the last couple years, helping the D line get more sacks. And Dawson was a beast in 2014. He made like every other tackle, several INT’s...etc

ThisIsOurTime

If we think our QB play is decent, I would argue the answer may be to get our best OLineman. How good our OL seems to be has such an impact on the quality of our running game which then impacts our QB play and passing game. Given that we have some good running backs coming back and some good receivers, it would make sense that adding a top quality tackle or center to the mix would ensure we get good results from the running game which would then lead to improved results with the rest of the offense. One thing other people's answers are leaving out is that it's an open question of how Boykin or Doctson would be without the other and how LT would do in a spread offense that didn't strongly cater to the run game as his TCU teams did?

Last edited:

Froggish

If we think our QB play is decent, I would argue the answer may be to get our best OLineman. How good our OL seems to be has such an impact on the quality of our running game which then impacts our QB play and passing game. Given that we have some good running backs coming back and some good receivers, it would make sense that adding a top quality tackle or center to the mix would ensure we get good results from the running game which would then lead to improved results with the rest of the offense. One thing other people's answers are leaving out is that its an open question of how Boykin or Doctson would be without the other and how LT would do in a spread offense that didn't strongly cater to the run game as his TCU teams did?

QB/OL is a cyclical issue..QBs can’t execute quick reads that keep defenses honest, then the box becomes crowded and the OL just can’t win. The flip side is that an OL has to pass protect well and open nice holes that put the offense in 3rd and manageable. Funny thing is that the OL improved as the season went on. They were never dominant but they improved. Unfortunately QB play just never looked even reasonable for more than a couple possessions a game. Dalton was a confident decision maker with an arm to back it up. Boykin was a confident poor decision maker with an all American WR to bail him out...I still go Dalton