• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football Releases 2019 Football Depth Chart

Froggish

Why wouldn't they we're not a conference rival

I don’t think the hold up would be OSU..The real barrier is that the rule was clarified and much of the language that lawyers were using to challenge the rules have been buttoned up..Doesn’t meen he won’t get immediate eligibility but it’s going to be tougher for sure.

DelFrog

I don’t think the hold up would be OSU..The real barrier is that the rule was clarified and much of the language that lawyers were using to challenge the rules have been buttoned up..Doesn’t meen he won’t get immediate eligibility but it’s going to be tougher for sure.

Does it make any difference that Baldwin initiated the wavier request prior to the NCAA changing the rules?

kidkarr

FYI...I’m sure you saw where last week the NCAA passed a rule to tighten up the transfer waiver rules..It likely just got much harder for Baldwin to win immediate eligibility. He now has to not only meet waiver criteria but has to actually get OSU to provide a letter to the NCAA on his behalf.
I have no idea, but if his request is already in, shouldn’t there be a grandfather clause?

Purp

Phil Steele's 2019 Magazine hit the Texas shelves this morning. This is usually a great preview of what's going to happen. Phil also calls each head ball coach about two weeks before print so he has the most current info on the teams.

He has the following rankings: #5 OU, #11 UT, #14 TCU, #21 Iowa State.

Items of note, TCU is maybe the second heaviest OL in the Big XII this year at and average of 307lbs. It lists Coy McMillon starting over Kelton Hollis at Center and it shows Coy at 280 lbs. Oklahoma averages 321 lbs. Coy needs to add another 15 lbs this summer. We are taller though than OU.

It lists Alex Delton as the starter at quarterback, the Ohio State kid as the #2, #3 Mike Collins, #4 Justin Rogers.

He thinks TCU will challenge for the Big XII crown this year. I think this season comes down to the East Side being up and rocking by the time UT comes to town and making a revenge for the loss we had up in Ames two seasons ago to Iowa State. That game was AWFUL to watch our offense!

Gary would not have let Phil Steele put the Ohio State kid at #2 if he didn't think he would play this season. Also.... Shawn Robinson was not listed to be available to play at Mizzou this year despite his parents' efforts to trash TCU out the door.

Jalen Reagor is on the cover of this year's regional edition of the magazine.

I got mine at Barnes and Noble.

Only head scratcher I read was Phil saying he can see Texas competing for the national title this year. They lose 14 starters from last year and didn't TCU beat them 4 years in a row something like a combined score of 155-35 and they have to come to Cowtown this October. That will be their third and final game away from DKR that month and they will have already been potentially beaten up by LSU and OU before they roll into Funky Town. Just sayin'
I have a feeling this is a 1 and 2a, 2b, 2c depth chart at QB rather than 1-4.

1) Delton
2a) Baldwin
2b) Collins
2c) Rogers

The 2s listed in alphabetical order.

Froggish

1) Delton
2a) Baldwin
2b) Collins
2c) Rogers

Barring injury, Delton will likely get the first shot at starting and I think our offense will look a lot like it did down the stretch last year..Run first and often while employing a safe high% passing game..I think GP is thinking that if we can figure out how to win with Mule at QB, why not employee the same offense with a better athlete like Delton. While Delton at QB is going to be a very conservative and boring brand of football, it’ll probably lead to a few more wins.

Should JR, Collins, or Baldwin play we might decide to open up the passing game but nobody around TCU wants to watch another year of turnovers...

Putt4Purple

1) Delton
2a) Baldwin
2b) Collins
2c) Rogers

I understand your optimism and opinion but the truth be told none of us will truly know who will lead the Frogs long term this year. If JR is healthy I don't know how he can be regulated to 4th string unless you know something we don't. I also believe Delton will be the starter day one barring injury.
We all will be watching and waiting with baited breath for the summer camp results. I'm sure Coach G.P. wont be very forthcoming during the process as usual. Its gonna be fun watching and waiting. Go Frogs!

MTfrog5

Can’t waste Reagor another year... find somebody that can get him the ball
Can't imagine what kind of year he could have if we have someone that can throw the ball down field. Hell he had 1200+ yards last year without a QB that could throw the ball more than 30 yards outside of Collins for a couple games.

Froggish

interesting take aways from the Podcast....

- Dee Winters came in bigger then we thought 6-1 215 and is now working a LB..So now we have DeMauryon Holmes RSFr and now Winters both working with the LB group..Man we are small but can run..Sounds like a typical GP core of LBs. Always undersized

MTfrog5

- Dee Winters came in bigger then we thought 6-1 215 and is now working a LB..So now we have DeMauryon Holmes RSFr and now Winters both working with the LB group..Man we are small but can run..Sounds like a typical GP core of LBs. Always undersized
Howard was listed at 6’1 213 his senior year so I’d say Winters has a head start on transitioning from S to LB

Wexahu

I think smallish LBs are fine, but not when paired with 235-240 lb DEs.