• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

WhoDatFrog

Yeah I was watching a game the other day and one of the announcers was a former MLB pitcher (Sutcliffe or Smoltz maybe?). He always holds a baseball in his hand while he does a game and he just kept talking about how the ball is different than it was in his day. It just felt different to hold he kept saying.

Plus the analytics that Jake102 was talking about, and there you go... tons of dongs
upload_2019-7-1_19-54-54.gif

Purp

A lot of it is actually related to the baseball itself. The athletic had a great article about it a week or so ago. An astrophysicist ran some tests on the ball (again) and there are major changes to the ball that have caused drastic increases again.

She was also on effectively wild last week talking about it.

https://theathletic.com/1044790/201...-years-baseballs-and-breaks-down-the-changes/
Fascinating stuff. Could also explain the sharp increase in bullpen issues, but I think starters have actually gotten more effective this year than in recent years. This may be all there is to it, but it still feels like something else is amiss here.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yeah I was watching a game the other day and one of the announcers was a former MLB pitcher (Sutcliffe or Smoltz maybe?). He always holds a baseball in his hand while he does a game and he just kept talking about how the ball is different than it was in his day. It just felt different to hold he kept saying.

Plus the analytics that Jake102 was talking about, and there you go... tons of dongs
So much potential for fun with the delete key here

Ok you might be right. Elvis just stole home again on a double steal.

It feels great out here at the Ballpark tonight. 87° with a nice breeze blowing. Doesn't feel like July 2nd.

Ha! I just commented about the breeze on a group text. It feels awesome. I've been in the backyard staining a fence since I got home and the breeze gave me trouble with the sprayer but I'll take it. Now I'm on the back porch drinking a beer and watching the Angels foul off a million pitches.