• The KillerFrogs

Music Thread

Chongo94

The new Black Keys album dropped the other day. Have only heard one single thus far but seems good. If anyone has purchased the whole thing, thoughts?

FrogsMcGee

LOL definitely a sign of getting old.

I’m the same way...used to go to a lot of festivals 5-10 years ago, but every year goes by the less I want to deal with festival crowds and everything that goes with it.

Been debating for months whether to get Sunday tickets at Outside Lands for Paul Simon...still unsure.

Outside Lands is great if you haven’t been. Highly recommend VIP if making a special trip for it. GA bathroom situation makes the extra cost worth it alone IMO.

Chongo94

I’ll take a bright, sunny 70 degrees on California Route 1 in a convertible Mustang GT with AC/DC’s double live album, but to each their own.

Well yeah, that’s a sunny day, means the music choices are different. You have to match the weather and music, always. I’d probably blast RHCP in the scenario you gave.

Also have that AC/DC double cd and wore that album out when it came out. Great stuff.

Last edited:

Chongo94

pretty good but definitely more of a Pop sound than any off their previous releases

Dangit. I may be out then. I wasn’t a fan of their last album and I’ve now heard two songs off this new one. One I liked but the other sounded as you said, more pop and didn’t maintain my interest.

frogmaddness

Dangit. I may be out then. I wasn’t a fan of their last album and I’ve now heard two songs off this new one. One I liked but the other sounded as you said, more pop and didn’t maintain my interest.
I know, I was a little disappointed. Still like them but hope they play more of their previous releases when they come to town later this year

FBallFan123

Outside Lands is great if you haven’t been. Highly recommend VIP if making a special trip for it. GA bathroom situation makes the extra cost worth it alone IMO.

Been to a few OSLs, but the last one was back in 2015 (Elton John, Mumford and Black Keys headlined).

Been really disappointed in the OSL lineups since then.

Bottlerock, up in Napa, consistently gets the better lineups now, IMO...but Napa is much longer drive for me...and you have to park off-site and take a shuttle to the venue...both of which (the line for the shuttle, the line out of the parking lot) can be a total mess leaving.

Plus the venue cant compete with Outside Lands.

So I’d stopped going to either festival....but Paul Simon in Golden Gate Park might be enough to get me there for one night.

Last edited:

FrogsMcGee

Been to a few OSLs, but the last one was back in 2015 (Elton John, Mumford and Black Keys headlined).

Been really disappointed in the OSL lineups since then.

Bottlerock, up in Napa, consistently gets the better lineups now, IMO...but Napa is much longer drive for me...and you have to park off-site and take a shuttle to the venue...both of which (the line for the shuttle, the line out of the parking lot) can be a total mess leaving.

Plus the venue cant compete with Outside Lands.

So I’d stopped going to either festival....but Paul Simon in Golden Gate Park might be enough to get me there for one night.

Agreed. I went to OSL in 11, 14, 15, 16, 17. Skipped last year and this as the lineups have been meh and wife is pregnant. Have never done BottleRock, but the lineup this year was pretty solid. Are you in the Bay Area or just travel for a lot of festivals?

FBallFan123

Agreed. I went to OSL in 11, 14, 15, 16, 17. Skipped last year and this as the lineups have been meh and wife is pregnant. Have never done BottleRock, but the lineup this year was pretty solid. Are you in the Bay Area or just travel for a lot of festivals?

I’m in the Bay Area.

I’ve done most of the local festivals - Outside Lands, Bottlerock, Treasure Island - but haven’t been to any in a few years.

As a side note...I was pretty pleased to see some of the musical acts lined up for the new Warriors Arena (Chase Center)...until I started seeing the prices.

Bay Area Prices are no joke...part of the reason I don’t do many concerts or festivals anymore.

hometown frog

Anywhere from Willie Nelson/George Strait, Peter Gabriel/Genesis, Ice Cube/Too Short/Jay Z, Stevie Ray Vaughan/ZZ Top, Rush/Metallica/311/STP, Sarah McLachlan/Evanescence are sitting on my iPod rotation.