• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

Does TCU now own the frontage property located on the south side of Berry between Merida and Lubbock?

TCU Interactive Map shows this location to be the site of TCU's Human Resources and I.T. Enterprise Application

Services ~ BMC #3. Own or Lease?

Brog

And would also like to know who owns that VERY rundown wooden building on Cantey Street between University Christian parking lot and University Baptist Church. The yard is seldom mowed, the wood on the building is rotting away. Not a very attractive site just across from TCU.

Tumbleweed

For sure. Pretty sure things are moving that as we speak.

When the construction is completed, additional trees planted, flowers scrub installed, AGS will be one to receive extraordinary applause from all!!

SnoSki

This one gives you a better sense of how much taller the east side looks now. It really imposes over the visitor bench. Kind of reminds me of KSU or Utah’s stadium.

AD78302-F-4-D9-D-4489-952-B-F729661-BFFBD.jpg

SnoSki

Great pictures! But what about the other side? Any filling in yet?
Not much to report really. Most of the other side is just steel beams and metal studs for interior framing. Some sheetrock inside already installed. Some of the pre-fab concrete for the exterior walls was going in right where the dirt is. 20ft-tall sections of it, more or less.

Brog

Guilty! Should have said "What about the other side (east side) of the new stadium project." Any filling in (of the raw steel frame there)?

HToady

Walked on East Campus yesterday. Massive landscaping underway on the back side of Neeley. Lubbock street is cleared and looks like it could reopen soon.

I wonder when the temp classrooms come down?

This one gives you a better sense of how much taller the east side looks now. It really imposes over the visitor bench. Kind of reminds me of KSU or Utah’s stadium.

AD78302-F-4-D9-D-4489-952-B-F729661-BFFBD.jpg

One thing I hope is that it brings back the noise into the stadium. Being such an open stadium the sound loses energy as it travels. Baylor's stadium even though looking like a toilet the sound is great, makes it seem like there are more fans in the stadium. My hope the new addition and the bigger board can turn around the crowd noise back to the field. Trap that noise in. I hope when they were designing the new addition they had that in mind as well. The hope is this will boost the noise and that the extra boost in crowd noise could give the home team an extra advantage. Obviously, stadiums are only as good as the fans inside of them, so we all need to show up at every game no matter what.

LeagueCityFrog

At the new 50,000 official capacity, TCU is now the same as K-State.

Top 3

#1 Texas
#2 OU
#3 Iowa State <--- I know right... They redid their south endzone into a club and started serving hard alcohol in there about 5 years ago. It looked nice.

Amon Carter, pound for pound, is the nicest stadium in the Big XII by far. Add in the bathrooms and concessions and VIP areas.... In the words of Houston rapper Lil Flip...Game Over.

New East Side, Plus New Jumbotron, Plus this new stadium surround sound...Boom!

All Gary has to do is win and the crowds will show. See 2009 and 2014 seasons for details.