• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Chew

He's from Anna, a little town on US75 just north of Dallas.
He passed up offers from Baylor and Tech to play at Minnesota.
But like so many before, if TCU comes in late, I would bet he flips.

As some one that grew up in Anna, I am just proud to see him get out of there and have a shot at his dream. I know it’s not the same small town it was when I graduated 13 years ago. All those similar towns are growing with the metroplex expansion, and they actually have some solid athletes in the developing areas.

Hell Sent Frog

trend now for a juco player to sit out and red-shirt?

He was a qualifier in 2018 but went JUCO as a QB and now is a 2019 Tight End.
No need to sit out.
He hasn't redshirted already. So yes, he can play in four games this year and still redshirt.
I bet that's what TCU would have done with him.
He was a QB all thru high school and the first three games this year in JUCO.
He has very little experience at TE, only this last year at Kilgore after the third game.
Based on his inexperience at TE, and he had never had to block before, not a big loss.

Last edited:

Eight

He was a qualifier in 2018 but went JUCO as a QB and now is a 2019 Tight End.
No need to sit out.
He hasn't redshirted already. So yes, he can play in four games this year and still redshirt.
I bet that's what TCU would have done with him.
He was a QB all thru high school and the first three games this year in JUCO.
He has very little experience at TE, only this last year at Kilgore after the third game.
Based on his inexperience at TE, and he had never had to block before, not a big loss.

my point was that just as with danny gray, instead of staying at their repsective juco and then moving on to a 4-year school, he is leaving the juco early.

CryptoMiner

my point was that just as with danny gray, instead of staying at their repsective juco and then moving on to a 4-year school, he is leaving the juco early.

Hate to butt in but I think Gray needs to finish and get his 2 year degree. He is just going to take his RS year this fall but stay at Blinn.