• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Tom Brown

I have found the political breakdown of US soccer fans to be exactly 50/50. I make a point to ask anyone that likes soccer what are their political leanings, and 50% of the time they answer.

Rose Bowl

I'm not willing to say Zardes is one of the best we've produced yet. For me he's barely past Juan Agudelo at this point. The potential is there, though.

I think we give Bradley more credit than he deserves. When he had a physical partner in the center of the park like Jermaine Jones or Mastroeni he really was great as a cerebral player with excellent work rate. Without guys like that, though, he can disappear at times.

My main frustration with Jozy is the same I had with Gooch. All the physical tools are there to be incredible, but something is missing to provide the consistency needed to hit that level. He's still excellent more than he's not, but he picks the most important moments to disappear.

I’m just the opposite on Jones, who I believe was the most over hyped guy the team had. Pablo was good but never as good as most experts thought. Bradley had a way of making guys better when he was at his best. His time at Roma and Chievo showed he was really good. He was strong at Gladbach too. I think sometimes he can be difficult which has hurt him at times and helped sour some people on him.

Purp

I think she'd argue that she has been a victim...
I know she would. That's precisely what I find ridiculous. What has she been prevented from achieving bc of her gender or sexual preference? And don't tell me how much she makes for playing the game. When she's as entertaining to watch as 98% of professional men playing the game I'll lend an ear to that argument. Until then she's just competing for our entertainment dollars like every other entertainer. Want a bigger share of them then be more entertaining.

Moose Stuff

"I can understand if you think that I’m disrespecting the flag by kneeling, but it is because of my utmost respect for the flag and the promise it represents that I have chosen to demonstrate in this way. When I take a knee, I am facing the flag with my full body, staring straight into the heart of our country’s ultimate symbol of freedom — because I believe it is my responsibility, just as it is yours, to ensure that freedom is afforded to everyone in this country.

I have chosen to kneel because in the time it has taken me to write this article, many more Americans have been lost to senseless violence. I have chosen to kneel because not two miles from my hotel in Columbus, Ohio, on the night before our USWNT match against Thailand, a 13-year-old boy named Tyre King was fatally shot by a police officer. I have chosen to kneel because I simply cannot stand for the kind of oppression this country is allowing against its own people. I have chosen to kneel because, in the words of Emma Lazarus, “Until we are all free, we are none of us free.”

Let me list a couple more:

Rapinoe is lesbian, June is Pride month and there have been multiple death threats against pride events all over the nation, hell one of my clients has had his car keyed with "[ swishy ]" on it. One of my neighbors was KILLED for being gay.

The USWNT makes a fraction of what the men's team makes, yet has just as large, if not a larger fan base.

Lastly, if you think freedom = forced patriotism, then you don't have a scheissING CLUE what our soldiers died for. Go read a book. How many of you posted something for memorial day, flew the POW/MIA flag, did something for a vet, yet just to do jack [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] the next day? What does that make you? a virtue signaling hypocrite. The same thing goes for veterans day. How many of you helped out a vet on ONE day, just to sit on the sidelines 364 other days of the year?

Forced patriotism does not equal freedom. Those heroes fought for our nation so others may live in the land of the free, not the land of the forced. If you want to be forced to go stand for the anthem and hug the flag, go off to North Korea.

Good grief.

Tom Brown

So I guess we agree? Unless you disagree that her making such a case has merit.

I was leaving my opinion out of it. I really dont know a ton about rapinoe or the basis of her stance. I was simply saying that she probably feels that she is/was a victim and would argue that her stance is on behalf of other victims.