• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Portland Frog

Sarri leaves CHE for Juventus. Lampard in at CHE for guaranteed at least two years. Sorry Purp. I believe you were hoping Mourinho would be back for the hat trick at CHE.

Purp

Sarri leaves CHE for Juventus. Lampard in at CHE for guaranteed at least two years. Sorry Purp. I believe you were hoping Mourinho would be back for the hat trick at CHE.
Yes, but I was really hoping Mourinho would skipper Chelsea and ManU at the same time and destroy them both. So Chelsea is only half of my disappointment.

Moose Stuff

Not European but....... while the US looked mostly underwhelming last night their recent New Zealand convert Tyler Boyd looks like the real deal. Add him to the young trio of Pulisic, Adams, and McKennie and perhaps we’re onto something.

Chongo94

Not European but....... while the US looked mostly underwhelming last night their recent New Zealand convert Tyler Boyd looks like the real deal. Add him to the young trio of Pulisic, Adams, and McKennie and perhaps we’re onto something.

Did you get to watch this game, Moose? I couldn’t seem to find it but my guide has been messing up lately. Was curious to see how he would do and what he’s all about so that’s good to hear.

Moose Stuff

Did you get to watch this game, Moose? I couldn’t seem to find it but my guide has been messing up lately. Was curious to see how he would do and what he’s all about so that’s good to hear.

I watched, believe it was on FS1. He was athletic, aggressive, and dangerous all night. Scored twice and could have had 3. Just one of those guys that looks a little different than the rest of the guys on the field and we don’t have many of those. I feel pretty good about saying he’s locked down one of the winger spots for the foreseeable future.

Chongo94

I watched, believe it was on FS1. He was athletic, aggressive, and dangerous all night. Scored twice and could have had 3. Just one of those guys that looks a little different than the rest of the guys on the field and we don’t have many of those. I feel pretty good about saying he’s locked down one of the winger spots for the foreseeable future.

Nice, good to hear. Thank you.

Moose Stuff

Again not European...... yeah it was T&T but that was the first time in two years I’ve watched us play and had hope when the game ended. Pulisic was brilliant, Arriola was great, Boyd was again dangerous, McKennie was active, even Zardes scores a couple. Momentum building. Really wish Adams had been healthy for this thing.

Purp

Again not European...... yeah it was T&T but that was the first time in two years I’ve watched us play and had hope when the game ended. Pulisic was brilliant, Arriola was great, Boyd was again dangerous, McKennie was active, even Zardes scores a couple. Momentum building. Really wish Adams had been healthy for this thing.
I missed the first game bc I was at youth camp with the kids at church. Encouraged by tonight, though. the slow start and a few dangerous chances conceded to T&T on the counter are the only reason I'm not overreacting.

Agree on Pulisic. The kid is on another planet. that escape dribble toward the end still has me baffled.

Boyd may have been better for me than Pulisic, though. Christian really started to get more noticeable when Boyd subbed out and I think that speaks to how impactful Boyd was while on the pitch. His work rate is great, but he's more than just a hard worker. He creates well even without the ball. He works hard and intelligently. Looks like a special player if he can sustain this form.

This could easily have been a double digit score line if not for the T&T keeper. He made some point blank stops that I'll never know how he got to. really impressive night from him even though he conceded 6 times.

Moose Stuff

I missed the first game bc I was at youth camp with the kids at church. Encouraged by tonight, though. the slow start and a few dangerous chances conceded to T&T on the counter are the only reason I'm not overreacting.

Agree on Pulisic. The kid is on another planet. that escape dribble toward the end still has me baffled.

Boyd may have been better for me than Pulisic, though. Christian really started to get more noticeable when Boyd subbed out and I think that speaks to how impactful Boyd was while on the pitch. His work rate is great, but he's more than just a hard worker. He creates well even without the ball. He works hard and intelligently. Looks like a special player if he can sustain this form.

This could easily have been a double digit score line if not for the T&T keeper. He made some point blank stops that I'll never know how
he got to. really impressive night from him even though he conceded 6 times.

Boyd falling right into our lap is just an absolute gift from above. He was even better last game. I’m guessing he won’t be playing in Turkey (or wherever he is) much longer.