• The KillerFrogs

*Maybe* LSU's chickens finally coming home to roost?

Billy Clyde

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/new-revelations-expand-ls-us-ncaa-issues-003319448.html

The NCAA scrutiny of LSU has expanded to include the football program, as the school confirmed on Friday afternoon that it has been working with the NCAA about an “ongoing inquiry” into a six-figure payment to the father of a former player.

An LSU booster named John Paul Funes, who pleaded guilty to stealing more than a half-million dollars from a foundation where he worked as a fundraiser, paid $180,000 to a man that Yahoo Sports confirmed on Friday is the father of former Tigers star lineman Vadal Alexander.

In federal documents, a man identified as “individual C” allegedly received “approximately $180,000 in Foundation Funds” from Funes. That man is James Alexander, the father of Vadal Alexander. His identity was first reported Thursday by the Baton Rouge Business Report.

netty2424

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/new-revelations-expand-ls-us-ncaa-issues-003319448.html

The NCAA scrutiny of LSU has expanded to include the football program, as the school confirmed on Friday afternoon that it has been working with the NCAA about an “ongoing inquiry” into a six-figure payment to the father of a former player.

An LSU booster named John Paul Funes, who pleaded guilty to stealing more than a half-million dollars from a foundation where he worked as a fundraiser, paid $180,000 to a man that Yahoo Sports confirmed on Friday is the father of former Tigers star lineman Vadal Alexander.

In federal documents, a man identified as “individual C” allegedly received “approximately $180,000 in Foundation Funds” from Funes. That man is James Alexander, the father of Vadal Alexander. His identity was first reported Thursday by the Baton Rouge Business Report.
Meets the 3 criteria for complete non-story, and zero action:

1. Blue blood
2. State school
3. SEC

Billy Clyde

Meets the 3 criteria for complete non-story, and zero action:

1. Blue blood
2. State school
3. SEC

Agree, and that's why I emphasize the "Maybe?" BUT- With that as the context, it reads like it has potential, when you start talking about the Feds being into it. That seems like the kind of thing that can force the NCAA's hand to do more than punish Louisiana Tech. I'm going to indulge myself in the idle daydream of this being the thread that unravels the SEC's entire cheating DNA. I know it won't, but still nice to think about. :)

Eight

I need to update my map. I couldn’t find the state of Southern California. Is that like Western Virginia?

biggest program in the state, but i guess my thoughts on including a private school are as accurate as using red or blue state as a qualifier if a school will or won't be punished by the ncaa.

curious how swing states factor into this theory.