• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

HToady

I particularly enjoy "Art Imitating Life" movies. I just recently saw "Vice". Not a Dick Cheney fan stemming back to his days as Sec Def and cancelling the A-12 Program, so I saw his shortcomings as particularly humorous, and it was artfully done.
What I don't like is these type of movies that get "preachy" in the closing credits, like this one and "Black Klansman". Both were shows that had pretty good, accounts of real life stories that were ruined when both Directors decided to add their own unrelated commentary in the closing credits.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I particularly enjoy "Art Imitating Life" movies. I just recently saw "Vice". Not a Dick Cheney fan stemming back to his days as Sec Def and cancelling the A-12 Program, so I saw his shortcomings as particularly humorous, and it was artfully done.
What I don't like is these type of movies that get "preachy" in the closing credits, like this one and "Black Klansman". Both were shows that had pretty good, accounts of real life stories that were ruined when both Directors decided to add their own unrelated commentary in the closing credits.

Curious, did you think the A-12 was a salvagable program/aircraft?

Chongo94

Has anyone watched “The Romanoffs” on Amazon?

Saw the trailer. Just didn’t grab me, but I’m also not a fan of his Mad Men, which is another reason I stayed away. If it’s good though please relay your thoughts because I find the idea of its plot interesting.

Last edited:

HToady

Has anyone watched “The Romanoffs” on Amazon?
Watched them all. Other than one reference pertaining to being a descendant of the Romanoffs in each, there was only one that actually talked about the Romanovs as we studied them in history. Watch the first one, then go somewhere else.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
SIAP haven't kept up with this thread.

New season of Dark was just released on Netflix.

If you're into sci-fi I'd highly recommend checking it out. It's an excellent show from Germany.

I've watched the first season a couple times and just started it again to refresh for the new season.

Dark trailer season one

Chongo94

Watched “Overlord” on ppv earlier this afternoon. Quality fun. Some nice ww2 action scenes early on as well. Recommend if you just looking for some relatively short action fun.

Chongo94

Just watched the gun battle from Den of Thieves again. That scene rocks.

Highly recommend Showtime’s new City on a Hill. Has a bit of The Wire meets The Town vibe. 2nd episode is on tonight I believe.

Also, The Protector on Netflix is pretty enjoyable. It’s Turkish but it’s done by an American production team I believe so it’s pretty slick.

Last edited: