• The KillerFrogs

Boykin-How Did He Make It Through College?

Chongo94

My sister, who is the ABSOLUTE WORST judge of character in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD, thought he was an amazing human being.

When she voiced that, I immediately knew he was probably a bit off. Whomever was in charge of trying to rein him in during his undergrad days probably deserves sainthood.

Last edited:

NYC Horned Frog

I talked with one of the top guys at TCU a few years ago about Boykin. He told me Boykin was a good kid but did do stupid things and they had to constantly watch him and keep him on a straight line. At that time, nothing violent but just knucklehead things to be in his words "cool". I can't remember exactly, but I think it was still during his TCU days.

Wish he could have stayed on that straight line, who really knows what his ceiling could have been.

MTfrog5

I talked with one of the top guys at TCU a few years ago about Boykin. He told me Boykin was a good kid but did do stupid things and they had to constantly watch him and keep him on a straight line. At that time, nothing violent but just knucklehead things to be in his words "cool". I can't remember exactly, but I think it was still during his TCU days.

Wish he could have stayed on that straight line, who really knows what his ceiling could have been.
I’ve heard from a couple different people that the San Antonio incident was the first violent action they knew of with him. He loved to drink so they weren’t surprised that it would someday become violent though. Basically said the same thing that he was like other college idiots trying to be cool.

jake102

Talked with a grad assistant during the 2013 season who was partially tasked with keeping up with him. Said he was a ticking time bomb and worse than Pachall ever was. Also noted his home life/influences were very poor. Hard for him to leave behind the type of lifestyle/community he grew up in.

MCFROG III

In one of the earlier instances, an article stated Boykin is bipolar and off his meds. Barrett Robbins lost it just before the Raider's Super Bowl by dropping off his meds then hitting the bars. Without the almost constant support team a college player can have, being bipolar, off meds and drinking alcohol is a no win situation.

DeuceBoogieNights

Always thought he was a good dude in college. Obviously wrong. People need to realize alcohol is a drug, one of the most dangerous. Crazy how big of a part of society it is. Hope he figures it out one day.

netty2424

Always thought he was a good dude in college. Obviously wrong. People need to realize alcohol is a drug, one of the most dangerous. Crazy how big of a part of society it is. Hope he figures it out one day.
I think most people assumed he was a good dude due to the countless times we were told by GP that he was.