• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

tcumaniac

I have a buddy from church that works for the company that does all our A/V stuff. He said the new scoreboard is gigantic and should be installed sometime next month. Claimed it will stretch flag pole to flag pole.

Also claimed that while there will still be large new speakers coming from the main scoreboard, they’re also installing new speakers throughout the stadium to help disperse the sound.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Yes please, need pics of the new Music building. It’s sorta too bad college catalogs & coffee table books are mostly passé in the digital age. Once we complete all this massive construction, we could have published one heck of a beauty book. On the plus side though at least all these great photographs can be uploaded in hi DEF to the TCU website for prospective students and parents to look at worldwide. Truly remarkable and impressive and that remark comes from an old guy who arrived on campus in the 70s, granted things have changed a lot but I think for the better. Sure I miss the old days but I have embraced the new days as well.

YA

I have a buddy from church that works for the company that does all our A/V stuff. He said the new scoreboard is gigantic and should be installed sometime next month. Claimed it will stretch flag pole to flag pole.

Also claimed that while there will still be large new speakers coming from the main scoreboard, they’re also installing new speakers throughout the stadium to help disperse the sound.
Correct!!

Brog

Drove by the stadium today, Friday. I see two places where some framing is going in...not very big. We've got a long way to go!

SnoSki

Drove by the stadium today, Friday. I see two places where some framing is going in...not very big. We've got a long way to go!
I saw that too. I’m surprised they don’t have any exterior walls up yet anywhere. The framing looks interior and it looks like Sheetrock going up.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
If so, someone ‘splain to me—is it labor shortage or getting materials in-place ontime that prevents a Plan B operation to go 24/7 to get this done? Or is that not allowed for noise complaints from local neighborhood association? In which case we can all blame Boyd Avenue Frog.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If so, someone ‘splain to me—is it labor shortage or getting materials in-place ontime that prevents a Plan B operation to go 24/7 to get this done? Or is that not allowed for noise complaints from local neighborhood association? In which case we can all blame Boyd Avenue Frog.
I walked by at 9:30PM Wednesday evening and they were still working including running the cranes.

SnoSki

Hearing there will be an announcement soon that it will not be ready for the season at all
Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised. October is approx 100 days away and it looks like they still need to use cranes for several more weeks.