• The KillerFrogs

I Was Too Much of a Football Coach

With David Ubben covering Tennessee this article was bound to be written. Knowing HCGP and having mass respect for his coaching abilities this was an easy one to write for him.

What puzzles me is that Ubben says “both parties” meaning GP and Tennessee regret that the hire did not take place but he really doesn’t offer any proof that either party regrets it. Where are the quotes to support what he asserts as fact?

TAINTed frog

What puzzles me is that Ubben says “both parties” meaning GP and Tennessee regret that the hire did not take place but he really doesn’t offer any proof that either party regrets it. Where are the quotes to support what he asserts as fact?
It is a pretty underwhelming article. Appears just be fluff in the offseason more than anything.

It seems Ubben got GP's off the cuff comment that Tennessee didn't hire him because "he was too much of a football coach" and tried to make an article out of it.

As to GP and/or Tennessee regretting the opportunity I'm sure there is, more so for Tennessee. But, I agree that article doesn't expound on whether GP regrets the decision, if at all.

I do think I agree with Tennessee that in 2008 GP was not the most ideal fit. Obviously from an Xs and Os standpoint he was, but that program was a total [ Finebaum ]show at that point in time. I'm not sure he would have had a very long leash to turn it around.

Obviously Tennessee looks stupid for hiring Kiffin over GP, and thankfully they did.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I'm at Red Robin tonight and for the moment it's hard to argue against them. Let my monster burger settle and I will be back to normal judging.