• The KillerFrogs

DFW airport experienced travelers only

HFrog1999

Why do you own a car?

To get home from the airport

giphy.gif

Pharm Frog

I'm a big believer in hiring Wynne. Expensive (about $110 per drop off and pick up) but worth it.

I try to arrive at least 2 hours prior to boarding - two and one-half hours if international.

No parking fee, curbside service at my house so my car stays in the garage.

Luggage handled.

Normally I travel with sporting equipment so I have to check a bag (golf clubs, scuba gear, etc.)

Always nice to just have a backpack and a rolling carry on.

For me it comes down to who's paying. I've used Freedom Park for a long long time and have rarely had anything other than excellent service. Some of my colleagues are loyal to limousine services (not sure if Wynne is among them). Have heard both good and bad stories. My best advice is to stay away from airports as much as possible. That said, I'm flying off to Newark and O'Hare in the next three weeks.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I usually just pull up to the curb at the airport, leave the car running with the keys in it and head inside. If it isn’t there when I return I blame everyone else. Then make an insurance claim. New car every few weeks. Doesn’t cost me anything.

I'm a big believer in hiring Wynne. Expensive (about $110 per drop off and pick up) but worth it.

I try to arrive at least 2 hours prior to boarding - two and one-half hours if international.

No parking fee, curbside service at my house so my car stays in the garage.

Luggage handled.

Normally I travel with sporting equipment so I have to check a bag (golf clubs, scuba gear, etc.)

Always nice to just have a backpack and a rolling carry on.

I always get a chuckle out of humble brag posts like this

jake102

No kidding. Before I got married two years ago I had not slept in my own bed in New York or Dallas in 14 months. Hotel rooms, airplane beds and airline lounges were and are "home" for me I guess.

What line of work? I know a bunch of people who travel 5 nights a week, every week, but not 28 days a month. Or every day for 14 months

Brog

Is it OK to ask
No kidding. Before I got married two years ago I had not slept in my own bed in New York or Dallas in 14 months. Hotel rooms, airplane beds and airline lounges were and are "home" for me I guess.

Is it OK to ask why you even had your "own bed" if you hadn't slept in it for 14 months? Just curious.

Froglaw

I always get a chuckle out of humble brag posts like this

I was waiting for a post like this, but let's do the math,

Parking Spot or whatever at $15 a day uncovered or $20 a day covered.

7 day trip is $105 to $120.

If you park uncovered, pray that there is not a hail storm or some moron backs into your car in the parking lot. Damage to vehicle can run $500 and up depending on your insurance not to mention the rate increase on your premiums.

Try arriving after 10:00 p.m. Those remote lots run one shuttle which means you wait outside with your luggage for 10 minutes to an hour as the one shuttle slowly drives to every terminal.

And if you're married, traveling with kids, etc. you handle all the heavy bags by yourself. The drivers are supposed to help, but sometimes they don't give a hoot in heck about your luggag and they want a tip at $2 per bag so that's another $10.

All of a sudden $220 for a private car for pick up and drop off starts to look pretty nice.

Coming back from Italy with four new incisions in my abdomen and knowing I did not have to wait for that stupid shuttle or drive my tired as home was a godsend.

Not a brag, I'm just tired of jacking with airport parking to save $50 to $100.

OP wanted suggestions, I made one.

HToady

I walk 1/2 a block to the #7 bus to the downtown transportation center, then catch Texrail to Terminal B. Total cost $12 roundtrip.

hometown frog

I always park in the terminal lots these days. As zebra said, on most trips I park in terminal D garage and walk/skylink to my flight if I’m not flying out of D.

There’s also the Uber option if you don’t want to mess w parking at all.

TSA Precheck, mobile check in and tickets are your friends!

I was waiting for a post like this, but let's do the math,

Parking Spot or whatever at $15 a day uncovered or $20 a day covered.

7 day trip is $105 to $120.

If you park uncovered, pray that there is not a hail storm or some moron backs into your car in the parking lot. Damage to vehicle can run $500 and up depending on your insurance not to mention the rate increase on your premiums.

Try arriving after 10:00 p.m. Those remote lots run one shuttle which means you wait outside with your luggage for 10 minutes to an hour as the one shuttle slowly drives to every terminal.

And if you're married, traveling with kids, etc. you handle all the heavy bags by yourself. The drivers are supposed to help, but sometimes they don't give a hoot in heck about your luggag and they want a tip at $2 per bag so that's another $10.

All of a sudden $220 for a private car for pick up and drop off starts to look pretty nice.

Coming back from Italy with four new incisions in my abdomen and knowing I did not have to wait for that stupid shuttle or drive my tired as home was a godsend.

Not a brag, I'm just tired of jacking with airport parking to save $50 to $100.

OP wanted suggestions, I made one.

Very true. Don't get me wrong, I love your posts. But you made several humble brags in one post so I had to call it out.

4 Oaks Frog

Avoid the airport if possible, and there is no “fun stuff “ to be had at DFW Airport, or any airport for that matter...only hassle.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!