• The KillerFrogs

DFW airport experienced travelers only

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I’ll be using remote parking for 2 days on Sunday for first time. What should I plan for? How much extra time to factor in for parking (where?) then catching remote bus or tram to terminal? Places to avoid? Other fun stuff I haven’t even considered?

No, I don’t know my terminal, airline or flight departure time yet. Supposed to be out on Sunday, returning Tuesday night. Feel free to PM me.

HFrog1999

20-30 minutes for the bus from Remote South. I assume it’s about the same for Remote North. The worst I ever experienced was an hour from arrival back to my car.

Express Parking doesn’t cost that much more and it’s faster. Personally, for a two day trip, I’d choose to park at the terminal. I only park in the remote lots to keep our accountants happy. It’s a pain in the rear to wait for that bus after a long flight.

I have TSA precheck and I get to the airport about 2 hours before my flight. I never mind waiting in the terminal. It’s better than rushing to make a flight.

Might be too late to help, but you can pre-pay for terminal parking online at a discount, and park in any terminal you want. I like to park in D because it's the least crowded, including TSA Pre-check. Obviously depends on the time you are leaving. Then I will ride the train over to my terminal. Works great, but not if you check your baggage. Catching one of their buses that go to the different terminals is hit or miss. The train is always reliable.

netty2424

I’ll be using remote parking for 2 days on Sunday for first time. What should I plan for? How much extra time to factor in for parking (where?) then catching remote bus or tram to terminal? Places to avoid? Other fun stuff I haven’t even considered?

No, I don’t know my terminal, airline or flight departure time yet. Supposed to be out on Sunday, returning Tuesday night. Feel free to PM me.
Don’t waste your time with remote parking. Valet.

They have valet parking at every terminal. Google DFW Airport Valet Parking, or when you get there, look for the orange valet signs.

When you drop your car off with valet, have your return flight number ready to give them. When you land, you’ll get a text saying they’ll bring your car to whatever terminal you land at, and they’ll tell you the gate.

It is nominally more expensive and worth.every.single.penny.

Evlo59

Use the prepay option first, if not available use express parking. Remote sucks and takes forever. I fly every week and always use express. Security lines should be ok Sunday, I always use terminal D for security check (they have the shortest precheck and standard lines) then hop on the skylink to get where ever you are going

Froglaw

I'm a big believer in hiring Wynne. Expensive (about $110 per drop off and pick up) but worth it.

I try to arrive at least 2 hours prior to boarding - two and one-half hours if international.

No parking fee, curbside service at my house so my car stays in the garage.

Luggage handled.

Normally I travel with sporting equipment so I have to check a bag (golf clubs, scuba gear, etc.)

Always nice to just have a backpack and a rolling carry on.

At what point does it invert to where "travel" is actually being home? So instead of traveling 28 days a month, it's more like traveling 2 days a month when you are at home.
No kidding. Before I got married two years ago I had not slept in my own bed in New York or Dallas in 14 months. Hotel rooms, airplane beds and airline lounges were and are "home" for me I guess.

HFrog1999

I travel 28 days a month and use the pre-pay terminal parking (you save 50%-70%).

https://onlineparking.dfwairport.com/en/

tumblr_ljpn2wkwav1qhfl1fo1_500.gif