• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

Volare

Not yet, as far as I know.

Should be? Yes. Most likely, anyway. I escaped with a multi-broken left arm, a broken lower right fibula, a right ankle, an upper left fibula, bruised lungs, and one helluva concussion. Good times!

Maybe that explains some of my posts?

How on earth did you wreck?

frog-hat

2nyxkHnvHeY3bn5bA

Mine was plain as well. One of the few things that survived the accident.
H67jBYLJ5k9A5Sox8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2nyxkHnvHeY3bn5bA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cUv7kwiFLKNEVkUW9
holy cow !!! you're a fortunate man

Bob Sugar

I do not know how often or how much content the Forum wants updates so I'll try and keep it to a Nutshell version unless I get a specific question.

Important Note: Tarrant County does not have online access to their public court filing like Dallas County. So unless I get in my car and drive to FW to the District Courthouse and visit a special room in the District Clerks office, I cannot update you folks on the TCU v. Listenbee lawsuit that is ongoing in Tarrant County outside the pleadings that are attached to the Dallas Court filings.

Also note, TCU sued Listenbee first on January 30, 2018 at 7:31 p.m. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT FACT BECAUSE IT SHOULD GIVE THE 153rd DISTRICT COURT IN TARRANT COUNTY DOMINANT JURISDICITION OVER THE ISSUES ARISING OUT OF LISTENBEE'S ALLEGATIONS.

In Tarrant County, TCU sued Listenbee seeking certain "declarations" regarding Listenbee's claims. Mainly, the Tarrant County lawsuit is to determine whether or not the Texas Medical Malpractice Act applies to TCU (who does not practice medicine) and to declare that substantially all the events complained of occurred in Tarrant County.

In Dallas County, Listenbee filed his lawsuit on January 31, 2018 at 2:33 p.m. TCU (including CGP, Trustees, other coaches, CDC, Meacham), filed their Motion to Transfer Venue (to Tarrant County), Plea in Abatement (lawyer speak for TCU saying time out and put the game on hold until we work out what court is in charge), and, in a separate filing, an Original Answer and Special Exceptions to Listenbee's Petitions. Special Exceptions are complaints that the facts pleaded are not sufficient to give "fair notice" of what legal theory is being asserted to support Listenbee's causes of action.

The Big 12 has filed a Plea in Abatement (basically saying what are we doing in this party) and an original answer (denying everything).

Nothing has been set for a hearing on the Pleas in Abatement, Motion to Transfer Venue, or the Special Exceptions (which can result in the dismissal of the case).

All of the lawyers representing TCU, Big 12, etc. are very, very, good.

Interestingly, the treating physicians have not yet filed an answer (I did not review the citation histories to determine when their answer date is set - maybe today).

My take, this is a medical malpractice case that will probably be tried (if at all) in Tarrant County. TCU, members of the TCU Board, Coaches, CDC, and Big 12 will probably get out on a Motion for Summary Judgment or similar motion.

I'll post updates if Wes and the Forum wants to know the current events.
giphy.gif

EDIT: somehow I deleted my post.