• The KillerFrogs

Interesting Jeremy Clark tweet....

Frog-in-law1995

If I’m being honest, I’m not exactly thrilled with the implication in JC’s tweet that our coaches are saying things - true or not - that are hurting TCU players’ chances at the NFL. I’m sure it’s just being honest in answering questions, but could’ve tweeked the language to preclude any implication that the coaches are proactively offering negative info.

jake102

If I’m being honest, I’m not exactly thrilled with the implication in JC’s tweet that our coaches are saying things - true or not - that are hurting TCU players’ chances at the NFL.

Just think about it for a moment. If GP says the same things about Summers as he does about Ray, how is that remotely fair to Summers? Also, when Ray shows up and disappoints, you think those scouts are going to trust GP when he raves about a player in future years?

GP shouldn't go out of his way, but when asked, he should at least be vaguely honest.

West Coast Johnny

When it comes to the NFL, Patterson has credibility because he is a straight shooter. He will always give the scouts straight info on his players and sometimes the truth hurts. I recall Patterson told NFL scouts straight info on the former Big 12 Defensive Player of the year. It hurt his draft stock. That player is currently on the Saskatchewan Rough Riders' practice squad.

Frog-in-law1995

Just think about it for a moment. If GP says the same things about Summers as he does about Ray, how is that remotely fair to Summers? Also, when Ray shows up and disappoints, you think those scouts are going to trust GP when he raves about a player in future years?

GP shouldn't go out of his way, but when asked, he should at least be vaguely honest.

Agree 100%. The fact that the tweet was left open to an inference that the coaches might be proactively offering negative info was really my concern. I’m sure GP’s not doing that, but JC’s tweet might’ve made that a bit clearer.

But I’m a worrier. Probably thinking too much about this.

Last edited:
I’m sure GP knows how to give a fair assessment without unnecessarily throwing a player under the bus. He has been interacting with NFL scouts for twenty years. I’m sure just as when I speak with people I have known a long time about another professional’s skill set there is an unspoken communication between GP and scouts. You can gain a lot of insight from what goes unsaid

jake102

Agree 100%. The fact that the tweet was left open to an inference that the coaches might be proactively offering negative info was really my concern. I’m sure GP’s not doing that, but JC’s retweet might’ve made that a bit clearer.

But I’m a worrier. Probably thinking too much about this.

We will never know the truth unless scouts/teams come out and tell us. But one guy has been doing this for a long time, makes millions per year to be a professional..... the other is 22 years old and had no backup plan

Frog-in-law1995

We will never know the truth unless scouts/teams come out and tell us. But one guy has been doing this for a long time, makes millions per year to be a professional..... the other is 22 years old and had no backup plan

Please don’t think I’m putting any stock in RI’s BS.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I’m sure GP knows how to give a fair assessment without unnecessarily throwing a player under the bus. He has been interacting with NFL scouts for twenty years. I’m sure just as when I speak with people I have known a long time about another professional’s skill set there is an unspoken communication between GP and scouts. You can gain a lot of insight from what goes unsaid
I doubt Gary is very articulate when addressing delicate issues. I imagine he tells people straight up. Pros AND cons.

SnoSki

Whatever shred of hope RI had for an NFL camp surely evaporated with that ridiculous tirade. I’m sure even the CFL and others are reaaaaal thrilled to see a prospect coming after his coach on twitter in a series of rage-tweets. Well that and beating up a family member in the last couple weeks.