• The KillerFrogs

Baseball Transfers...

Pharm Frog

I don't know when the deadline is for entering that portal thing but I doubt this will be the last of the players finding themselves transported via portal

MadFrog

I heard that he is currently playing in the Cape Cod League. Could have gotten in that league without a great deal of help from Schloss? So we lose our 9th place hitter. I never thought he was a good defensive player.

hometown frog

Fairly certain Keefer was at the TCU Baseball Camp again today. So whatever transfer is happening didn’t seem to be a painful one.

Cody Jones is there this week too. Keep expecting to see him flipping his thumb guard out there in the field.

Froggish

With all of this transferring in all the major sports, do any of these players put any value on what a degree from TCU is worth?

sdj

No...I have a 19yr old nephew who after being accepted at 3 Ivy League schools chose Tulsa because in his words nobody cares where your degree is from unless it’s in Finance, Law, or Medicine....He’s a really smart kid who sentiment seems to be shared by many his age..

Frogged

Frogged
No...I have a 19yr old nephew who after being accepted at 3 Ivy League schools chose Tulsa because in his words nobody cares where your degree is from unless it’s in Finance, Law, or Medicine....He’s a really smart kid who sentiment seems to be shared by many his age..
Smart kid. The market for a college degree is saturated and trending towards overrated as the price of entry continues to climb. Can’t depend on your degree to make your career. Even MBAs are starting to be a dime a dozen

Pharm Frog

He's correct. And only one of those is an undergraduate degree anyway.

jake102

He's correct. And only one of those is an undergraduate degree anyway.

Nah, that's not accurate. I worked at a hedge fund and about 25% of the employees were hired simply due to having an Ivy liberal arts degree. Had taken maybe one finance/accounting class but had the Ivy degree.

All about opening/closing doors... getting an Ivy degree closes zero doors.