• The KillerFrogs

Taxes and money

froginmn

Welcome to Aggieland. Reminds me of this:

cartoon_harp_n_accordion.jpg

Pharm Frog

...what about Qatari money???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1868c386954d

Trump administration reviewing foreign money to US colleges

The U.S. Education Department has opened investigations into foreign funding at Georgetown University and Texas A&M University as part of a broader push to monitor international money flowing to American colleges.

Both universities are being ordered to disclose years of financial records amid concerns they have not fully reported their foreign gifts and contracts to the federal government, according to letters sent to the schools Thursday and obtained by The Associated Press.

Data filed by Texas A&M show that the school has received $285 million from foreign sources since 2014, including $6.1 million last year. All of Texas A&M’s reported funding from last year also came through a partnership with the Qatar Foundation.

Mean Purple

I played that golf course once. Pretty lame track. Took some money off some aggie alumni. Oh, excuse me, I mean former goat scheissers.

HG73

It will be hilarious when Jimbo wakes up one morning soon and realizes how crazy the aggy world is and decides he just doesn't want to go in to work today. Or ever again. And, since he has no buyout clause in his contract, aggy will have to keep paying his bazillion dollars for the next 10 years. While they're still paying Sumlin his bazillion dollars. And while they're searching for their next bazillion dollar coach.

It will be hilarious when Jimbo wakes up one morning soon and realizes how crazy the aggy world is and decides he just doesn't want to go in to work today. Or ever again. And, since he has no buyout clause in his contract, aggy will have to keep paying his bazillion dollars for the next 10 years. While they're still paying Sumlin his bazillion dollars. And while they're searching for their next bazillion dollar coach.

I think Jimbo likes being able to do anything he wants in a town that supports A&M much like Waco supports Baylor. He has endless funding to buy whatever he wants and no authority saying you can't do that. A&M is the new Baylor win at all costs program. Even their fans know this and just blow it off as "if your not cheating your not trying" or "it's about time the Longhorns have kept us down for so long and we are free in the SEC". The fan base has a new elitism ego and arrogance. I think we are going to see them come real good and we will have to see if they have an Art Briles/Baylor (OR Ole Miss/Freeze) fall too. The only difference that A&M has going for them is Jimbo is a national championship coach so no matter what they are doing he has the skins on the wall to deflect. They also just hired the Ole Miss AD who is now very experienced with investigations and crap like that.

Last edited: