• The KillerFrogs

USA Today: Longtime TCU commit Jared Kelley switches pledge to Texas

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
USA Today: Longtime TCU commit Jared Kelley switches pledge to Texas

By: Quinton Martinez, Corpus Christi Caller-Times

Refugio junior pitcher Jared Kelley, who has been committed to TCU since he was a freshman, announced on his Twitter account that he has de-committed from the Horned Frogs and has instead pledged to the University of Texas.

“Made a visit today and couldn’t help but feel right at home! Thank you to TCU for offering me at such a young age but my heart has always been with the Longhorns! Happy to announce i will be attending the University of Texas to further my education and baseball career! #hookem,” the tweet stated.

Read more at https://usatodayhss.com/2019/jared-kelley-decommits-tcu-commits-to-texas

Moose Stuff

This happened like 6 months ago so no idea how this article just happened. I’d say the chances of this kid ever throwing a college pitch are under 10% and that’s being generous.

Edit ..... Jan 11th to be exact. Solid reporting by Mr Martinez. I assume he’ll be working for the Star Telegram soon.

Opintel

Moderators
The starting possibility for anyone is much tougher at a school with better pitchers on campus. UTerus is a better fit. He'd never see the mound at TCU, probably.

The entire thing is old (Moose got Martinez on that), and silly, too.

flyfishingfrog

The starting possibility for anyone is much tougher at a school with better pitchers on campus. UTerus is a better fit. He'd never see the mound at TCU, probably.

are you serious? I don't think he is ever showing up on campus but from what I have been told - if he did, there is little doubt he would be starter wherever he went. Maybe not exactly the same type of pitcher, I get the impression his expectations for the future would be similar to Lodolo

4 Oaks Frog

Ah, too bad...Did anybody bring dip!
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] and Texas U and USA Yesterday News

netty2424

This happened like 6 months ago so no idea how this article just happened. I’d say the chances of this kid ever throwing a college pitch are under 10% and that’s being generous.

Edit ..... Jan 11th to be exact. Solid reporting by Mr Martinez. I assume he’ll be working for the Star Telegram soon.
Meaning getting drafted?

Moose Stuff

He’s 6’6 and throws up to 99 at 17 years old. He could pitch for any team in the country.

Seems like it's a recruiting week for the Longhorns and they need some momentum. Like throughout history they have no problem trying to raise themselves up by sacrificing TCU (late reporting).