• The KillerFrogs

Pick and Roll: Kouat Noi withdraws from 2019 NBA Draft

Eight

Noi would have benefited by gutting it up, studying, and getting a degree from TCU.

Sure school is tough, but wait until you've played for five years in the Italian league.

Once done with basketball then what?

Come back to Fort Worth and get a job?

Mr. Noi "Did you get your degree?"

"No, but I plan on going to school at night after working an 8 hour day."

"Okay, we will be in touch. . . NEXT".

The business world wants commitment, not night school.

that is a good plan, but if noi has financial needs now to support family or whatever and he has already basically come from nothing than the ability to go play for money, regardless if it is less than what some might find enticing is exactly that to him.

read articles over the years about the signing of latin players from impoverished situations who sign for a fraction of what it would take to sign a comparable us prospect because of their situation.

tough to play the long game when you have come from the day to day survival game

Purp

TCU didn’t pay anyone, just set up a meeting with an agent.
This may be true if you're saying we set up a meeting with an agent for a kid who didn't even go to TCU. That said, I don't think it was actually a meeting that was set up. I think it was $6K paid to one of our coaches to suggest to the player attending Kentucky he should sign with that agent.

SuperTFrog

You guys are completely wrong on Kouat. Think for a second if your family didn’t have money to put food on the table and you had a chance to go make $100k+ playing basketball. This would immediately change their entire family. I know most of us (myself included) were raised on a silver spoon compared to most people in the world so we can’t resonate with his situation.

For those who knew him, this did not come as a surprise nor is it a delusion of grandeur. It is a means to provide for his family.

wilson912

You guys are completely wrong on Kouat. Think for a second if your family didn’t have money to put food on the table and you had a chance to go make $100k+ playing basketball. This would immediately change their entire family. I know most of us (myself included) were raised on a silver spoon compared to most people in the world so we can’t resonate with his situation.

For those who knew him, this did not come as a surprise nor is it a delusion of grandeur. It is a means to provide for his family.
Good point and well said.

jake102

I’m not as familiar with overseas contracts, but from my understanding, making $100k isn’t a guaranteed. Especially for a guy who quite frankly wasn’t that great for us this season

flyfishingfrog

I’m not as familiar with overseas contracts, but from my understanding, making $100k isn’t a guaranteed. Especially for a guy who quite frankly wasn’t that great for us this season
It’s far from a guarantee

If you take away the top 25 or so guys that are often former NBA or national team stars and sign Beckham type contracts to play at home

My understanding is maybe 5-7% of all the pro players in Europe make that much with the top no name performers making more

While a ton of guys getting “paid” to play are making $30k or less and a bunch in the entry levels are barely getting paid at all

netty2424

This is awesome. The Taipans are easily my third or fourth favorite team in that one country in which they play...

Should be a pretty good squad. He’s got a teammate that will probably go down as a top 3 Australian player of all time in JaBron Lame.

Rose Bowl

I saw a guy on Twitter who covers the NBL and he thinks Kouat might be the front runner for the rookie of the year. Scratched my head after that comment.

PO Frog

Is be lying if I said this wasn’t my first thought too. Between the original on Green Oaks/Little Road and the FW location at the 7th/University intersection mess, I ate there approximately 7.5 billion times.
Loved the one at 7th. Haven’t had a decent Chinese buffet since, so it’s been roughly 20 years.

SuperBarrFrog