• The KillerFrogs

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

flyfishingfrog

they just showed a stat that 45% of MLB starters attended a 4 year college vs 24% straight from HS.

so basically that aligns pretty well with the draft percentages for both of those (about 10% less for each)

Kind of shoots the theory that players going straight to the pros out of HS are better prepared by the clubs minor league systems to make the show than those that choose college.

Realtorfrog

Thought it would be Arky and Tech but obviously Tech got beat by a lesser team on a streak. Let’s see how the next one goes.

Tadlock left the starter in too long for the WS.

Pharm Frog

they got the easy end of the draw - I really thought they had a strong path to the finals if they could get FSU to take out Piggie in game 2

but then they go and pull a Raider Rash and lose to a friggin Big 10 team to screw it up.

Father of Pharm and Pharm disagree a lot but we both agreed that of the 8 teams in Omaha, Tech is playing like the 8th best team. Yes, they are playing in the weaker half of the bracket but its weaker in some measure because they are in it IMO. I do think that they have a decent shot to win their second game depending on who they end up facing but they just aren't looking the part.

flyfishingfrog

Father of Pharm and Pharm disagree a lot but we both agreed that of the 8 teams in Omaha, Tech is playing like the 8th best team. Yes, they are playing in the weaker half of the bracket but its weaker in some measure because they are in it IMO. I do think that they have a decent shot to win their second game depending on who they end up facing but they just aren't looking the part.
Maybe they are the 8th but getting in the side away from the two 50+ win teams definitely was an advantage for them until they lost today

Although I don’t think any of the three can beat Arky - The Pigs will have to beat themselves twice for anyone else to advance

Bizarro Frog

Arky and Vandy will be the final. Arky will destroy Michigan. Tech will come back and eliminate Michigan then fall to Arky on Friday night.