• The KillerFrogs

JJ Watt - Buy it back

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Whatever J.J.'s plan may be, the reaction is understandable. The sheer horror of a treasured Texas fast-food institution lost the the whims of a mysterious gang of creepy Northerners (J.J. may think of them as Southern, but, it's Wisconsin, eh...) is the stuff of pure nightmare. And yet, somehow, it happened. Soon, Chicken and Biscuits slathered in honey butter will be gone, replaced by bland Yankee Pot Roast.

Ye Gods...

TCUdirtbag

Dumb maybe, but just think if the United Arab Emirates bought Carshon's.

I’ve been to a Shake Shack in the Middle East, an In ‘N Out in the Deep South, and a Chick-fil-A in New York City. Whataburger will be fine, and you’ll be able to get your fix in Chicago.

Froginbedford

Whatever J.J.'s plan may be, the reaction is understandable. The sheer horror of a treasured Texas fast-food institution lost the the whims of a mysterious gang of creepy Northerners (J.J. may think of them as Southern, but, it's Wisconsin, eh...) is the stuff of pure nightmare. And yet, somehow, it happened. Soon, Chicken and Biscuits slathered in honey butter will be gone, replaced by bland Yankee Pot Roast.

Ye Gods...

Signs and portents of the End Times to come....

tcumaniac

I’ve been to a Shake Shack in the Middle East, an In ‘N Out in the Deep South, and a Chick-fil-A in New York City. Whataburger will be fine, and you’ll be able to get your fix in Chicago.
I don’t get what your point is here. The concern isn’t about the location of the restaurant. It’s about the location and assumed type of people that will now be in charge of big scale decision making.

tcumaniac

FWIW, I don’t really see this change in majority ownership affecting any of the day to day customer experiences. The HQ appears to be staying in San Antonio.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Lines will still be long and slow and orders will continue to be wrong. SOP. BAU.

giphya74a67720a1d2554.gif

netty2424

FWIW, I don’t really see this change in majority ownership affecting any of the day to day customer experiences. The HQ appears to be staying in San Antonio.
Unfortunately they’ll run this thing into the ground. That’s what big corporations do. They come in, tell everyone nothing’s going to change, then they’ll slowly start cutting wages, reducing benefits, turnover will increase.

They’ll buy from whomever’s got the cheapest ingredients. The beef won’t be beef anymore. The quality will suffer.

Disappointing to say the least. It will happen.

Everything becomes about profitability and how to line a handful of executive pockets while their employees work long hours and still live paycheck to paycheck.

Big Frog II

The buyers will have to cut corners someplace in order to pay for the purchase. Anyone who thinks that Whataburger won't change is fooling themselves.

netty2424

I am always amazed when new upper management or ownership comes into a successful company, and they don’t seem to take in account for what made that particular company successful.
Happens pretty much every time an acquisition occurs. I see it in my industry pretty regularly. It’s like a playbook.

Come in, smile, tell all the terrified employees who actually need their job that nothing will change, we’ll make improvements in the culture, pay will go up, etc, etc, etc.

6 months later, people getting fired, pay getting cut, benefits deteriorate, moral blows, and the execs are confused as to what happened.

BABYFACE

Happens pretty much every time an acquisition occurs. I see it in my industry pretty regularly. It’s like a playbook.

Come in, smile, tell all the terrified employees who actually need their job that nothing will change, we’ll make improvements in the culture, pay will go up, etc, etc, etc.

6 months later, people getting fired, pay getting cut, benefits deteriorate, moral blows, and the execs are confused as to what happened.

It has been over a decade since I worked at this one particular company. New ownership came in told us they were taking away our company trucks and gas cards in exchange for a $250 per month gas allowance and we drive our own vehicle while calling on customers daily. They said this move benefited us the employee and how much better this was going to be for us. I called BS on this during the meeting in a direct but professional manner. Needless to say, my days were numbered.

Why don’t they ever just be upfront and say they are discontinuing a perk/benefit instead of blowing smoke up everyone’s azz. Do they think people are that stupid?