• The KillerFrogs

Summer Sports Dead Zone Trivia Tuesday

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I think that was a Breakfast Club reference, or am I misremembering?
Breakfast club. But apparently a few movies use the Canadian gf joke.

Edit to add:

Claire: You know what I wish I was doing right now...?
Bender: Uh-uh, watch what you say; Brian here's a cherry.
Brian: A cherry?
Claire: I wish I was on a plane...to France...
Brian: [quietly, to John only] I'm not a cherry.
Bender: When have you ever gotten laid?
Brian: I've laid lots of times.
Bender: Name-one.
Brian: She lives in Canada. I met her at Niagra Falls; you wouldn't know her.
Bender: You ever laid anyone around here?

Also referenced in Weird Science:

WYATT: Well, what about your girl in Canada?
GARY (Anthony Michael Hall): She lives in Canada. She has no morals. I don't like that in a girl. Anyway, get to work.

Last edited:

Eight

Breakfast club. But apparently a few movies use the Canadian gf joke.

Edit to add:

Claire: You know what I wish I was doing right now...?
Bender: Uh-uh, watch what you say; Brian here's a cherry.
Brian: A cherry?
Claire: I wish I was on a plane...to France...
Brian: [quietly, to John only] I'm not a cherry.
Bender: When have you ever gotten laid?
Brian: I've laid lots of times.
Bender: Name-one.
Brian: She lives in Canada. I met her at Niagra Falls; you wouldn't know her.
Bender: You ever laid anyone around here?

Also referenced in Weird Science:

WYATT: Well, what about your girl in Canada?
GARY (Anthony Michael Hall): She lives in Canada. She has no morals. I don't like that in a girl. Anyway, get to work.

always amazed me that after playing the roles he had in sixteen candles, the breakfast club, and weird science that anthony michael hall gets cast as the greatest college quarterback prospect in the country, johnny walker, and he goes from having imaginary girl friends to bedding uma thurman

images

Chongo94

Wyatt from Weird Science taught literature in the English department at Angelo State for a time.

He also is an Aggie so there’s that.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The two best versions IMHO.
An old Frog friend had us over one evening a few years ago for drinks and backyard cooking. We were going on about his kids, and his wife sort of looked both ways furtively and confessed that she was worried about her son. "He plays that Civ game on the computer. It frightens me that all he likes doing is building nukes and wiping out the other Civs." The kid was 7 at the time. I tried gently explaining to her that getting to the point in the game where you have the capacity to even build nukes is challenging. That a 7-year-old did so regularly was pretty impressive. "He likes the sirens and the big mushroom cloud. He worries me..."

Chongo94

Anyone remember Triple Play ‘96? It was a baseball game. You could type in names of historical players like Nap Lajoie, Cool Papa Bell, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth and many others and the game would then create those players with their abilities. I made a true murderers row team. Just slamming homers and triples with every at bat. It was great.

Last edited: