• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘I’m so sorry.’ TCU ex Kendric Davis headed to rival SMU

Eight

Got ya. Perfect storm imo. We didn’t see this movement in Dixon’s first two seasons. I think now with the transfer portal we should expect one-two transfers every season.

Parrish and Olden both left, Pierce went to Eastern Europe, and Rafus couldn't qualify.

All within the first 2 seasons.

BABYFACE

Tr
Parrish and Olden both left, Pierce went to Eastern Europe, and Rafus couldn't qualify.

All within the first 2 seasons.
True but that was nothing like the amount of transfer outs from season three. Can’t count players that don’t qualify or enroll at TCU.

Eight

Tr

True but that was nothing like the amount of transfer outs from season three. Can’t count players that don’t qualify or enroll at TCU.

staff spent time and energy recruiting players who never made it to campus and that left a hole in the classes. Whether a player never showed up or they were basically advised to leave after a year that is spot that could have gone to any prospect.

missing one or two this way in football on an 85-man roster is one thing, but when this happens multiple times over 3 classes that leaves big holes and that is a problem the program faces this upcoming season.

aside from noi who of the transfers/ players leaving the program showed that they would be a contributor to the program this year?

parrish?
macwilliams?
mayan?
olden?
archie?
alok?
davis?

healthy jaylen for sure, but something happened this season and things went to [ Finebaum ] quickly. maybe fisher felt he was being pushed to play when he didn't think he was ready. who knows and if he was the only question mark that wouldn't raise an eyebrow, but when the majority of you first 3 classes are either no longer with the program or on the way out and they aren't going to the nba or program on the same level something is wrong with your processes.

seriously, aside from fisher, bane and noi in that first class who in the prior two classes looked like they were ready to contribute on a regular basis (not just a game here and there) and are still with the program.

10 kids in the 2017 and 2018 classes and aside from samuel who has shown they could be a key contributor for 2019 and i don't want to hear how it is unreasonable to expect for first and second year players to make impactful contributions when there are far too many examples in the big 12 alone to show otherwise.

Farmfrog

Parrish was a Trent guy who was urged to leave. Olden ran into the same problem as this year, we were one over, and we wanted to see the young guys get a chance to play so he was odd man out.

Eight

Parrish was a Trent guy who was urged to leave. Olden ran into the same problem as this year, we were one over, and we wanted to see the young guys get a chance to play so he was odd man out.

interesting that when you go back and look at the classes under trent plus transfers of williams, washburn, and alex and then consider the facilities before the rebuild and the playing games in a literal high school arena maybe trent left the program in a better place than he is given credit.

BigPurple87

Y'all need to lay off KD.

It was not his decision to leave TCU. Basketball is a very different world than football. Scholarship and roster spots are a season by season basis.

We had 2 more scholarship players on the team than we had room for (now we have 1 more than we have room for). Someone was going to be forced out. Coaches felt they had acquired better talent than Kendric and told him there was no longer a spot for him on the team.

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think KD willingly chose to leave what he had at TCU to go sit out a year to play for a team in a much lesser conference.

Best of luck to him. He was one of my favorite players last year. Loved his heart and effort.

Wrong. So wrong.

FrogCoach84

Y'all need to lay off KD.

It was not his decision to leave TCU. Basketball is a very different world than football. Scholarship and roster spots are a season by season basis.

We had 2 more scholarship players on the team than we had room for (now we have 1 more than we have room for). Someone was going to be forced out. Coaches felt they had acquired better talent than Kendric and told him there was no longer a spot for him on the team.

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think KD willingly chose to leave what he had at TCU to go sit out a year to play for a team in a much lesser conference.

Best of luck to him. He was one of my favorite players last year. Loved his heart and effort.

So you just decide to make stuff up because he is one of your favorite players?

Because this isn’t accurate.

But whatever

mgsouthpaw

he drove me crazy anyway - almost as bad as Shepard did a few years ago or alex robinson jumping up in the air with no clue where he was going to throw the ball (or shooting a free throw for that matter).

Hornedfrog431

I really think this is best for all parties involved. We have definitely increased talent with our incoming guards and I’m guessing the writing was on the walls. Transfers have definitely increased across the country but I don’t think we’ve been hurt by transfers overall. Looking at the incoming players it looks like we’ve focused on strong scoring guards who also seem to play unselfish and then a good chunk of hard nosed SF-PF. Moving more to position less basketball.