• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: MLB Draft makes only a slight breeze for TCU

Gil LeBreton

Oops. Here's a good story by Carlos that went un-posted while I was out of town. Hope you all enjoy it.

PressBox DFW: MLB Draft makes only a slight breeze for TCU

By CARLOS MENDEZ
PressBoxDFW.com

The Horned Frogs sat down with their catcher this week. For the second time, they were recruiting Zach Humphreys.

When the junior from Midlothian announced Friday on Twitter that he would return for his senior season, rather than turn pro after being a 28th-round pick of the Milwaukee Brewers, it capped a good week for TCU baseball.

The Frogs got their catcher back and kept most of their incoming recruits.

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/mlb-draft-only-slight-breeze-makes-for-good-week-at-tcu/

Moose Stuff

Solid article. One thing I would correct is the line about MLB teams getting the message that the TCU recruits outside of Priester were firm on going to school. That’s not really an accurate portrayal of what happened. The reality is that these kids weren’t good enough to command a big bonus so they end up at TCU. Yes, they’re happy to be Horned Frogs but don’t think for a second that any of them wouldn’t have signed if offered the right amount.

froginmn

Solid article. One thing I would correct is the line about MLB teams getting the message that the TCU recruits outside of Priester were firm on going to school. That’s not really an accurate portrayal of what happened. The reality is that these kids weren’t good enough to command a big bonus so they end up at TCU. Yes, they’re happy to be Horned Frogs but don’t think for a second that any of them wouldn’t have signed if offered the right amount.
Im OK with that narrative for future years, though.

And best line, from Schloss:

"There’s plenty of evidence that coming through our program is the right thing to do.”