• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Shorty

I like Robert California (more after rewatching the series a couple times). However Nellie and boss Andy are the two worst characters in the show and I would be good with the series ending earlier to avoid some of that.

Eight

one strength for parks and rec to me what that as the series developed they were not afraid to let the cast grow into a true ensemble cast. wasn't a huge fan of one late cast member, but i really think keeping the core group throughout the show and letting their individual stories grow was a big key why i think it ended stronger than the office who lost their heart and soul in michael or community never really getting the same cast chemistry at the end

tcudoc

i agree completely as michael leaving to go be with holly in boulder should have have been the last two episodes of the series.

the james spader episodes weren't good, didn't like andy as a boss, and while the final set of episodes were better i never felt jim and dwight should have ended up being friends for the sake of the series.
I felt the same way, but have since re-watched those seasons and there are some excellent episodes. There is an episode where Pam interviews for a job and the boss is like a clone of Michael. It is hilarious and uncomfortable all at once. And the tall skinny guy, Gabe, is so uncomfortably awkward. The only character I really did not love was the red headed British lady.

Eight

I felt the same way, but have since re-watched those seasons and there are some excellent episodes. There is an episode where Pam interviews for a job and the boss is like a clone of Michael. It is hilarious and uncomfortable all at once. And the tall skinny guy, Gabe, is so uncomfortably awkward. The only character I really did not love was the red headed British lady.

i always felt they didn't know what they wanted to do with the gabe character.

they had a run there where they seemed to just throw [ Finebaum ] at the walls in some of the new characters be it gabe, kathy bates, idris elba, will ferrell, and james spader.

individually some of those characters were really good characters, but they just didn't fit for me and it seemed the writing staff was trying to find ways to extend the series instead of continue the storyline.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Count me in the minority probably, but watching the Office through once is enough for me. Liked it first time through, great storylines, but reruns are starting to wear on me. GF keeps making it default TV.

Just too much making people squirm at uncomfortable moments I guess is my issue.

Frog-in-law1995

Count me in the minority probably, but watching the Office through once is enough for me. Liked it first time through, great storylines, but reruns are starting to wear on me. GF keeps making it default TV.

Just too much making people squirm at uncomfortable moments I guess is my issue.

I get this. Never really got into AD or the office for that reason, though admittedly, Parks and Rec (though really just Swanson) won me over. I love watching highlight complications of all of them on Youtube, though.

tcudoc

I could, yes. Seemed like interest dropped off quickly last year, however, and that's why I stopped posting any.
Even though I did not really post on them, I read them almost always and realized that there was a lot I did not understand. If time permits, I hope you consider adding them in periodically. I think they are more appreciated than you realize.

GeoFrog

He's even weirder in HBO's Silicon Valley.

Ron Swanson

He's even weirder in HBO's Silicon Valley.
Reminds me of another tall skinny guy who’s niche is awkward comedy....

MV5BNjYxMjI3MzY3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTgyNzg3MDE@._V1_.jpg

^^That’s a good show^^ by the way. Didn’t make it past a season or two I don’t think, but it was solid.