• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TCURiggs

I’m so confused. I thought pokemons were little poker chip-sized disks like the ones you used to get from the bottom of a slurpee. You search for these with an app? Like geocaching?

Pretty sure you're talking about POGs. Think my Grandmother bought me some of those for Christmas one year... slammers and such.

HFrog1999

Got a buddy whose BIL has been dating an “influencer” for a long time now. Because she has so many followers she will get companies to pay her $1-5k per post and mention/use a product/service. Basically like TV endorsements but with less famous people. She has approx 500,000 followers.

instagram-boyfriend-inception-35064036.png

Purp

Yeah I understand that point as well. Stars a couple inches away from winning the Cup
I still feel like one key ingredient was missing from the Stars this year. I do think they'd have beaten SJ, but I don't think they'd have beaten Boston.

This Blues team is still amazing to me that they carried their home struggles throughout the playoffs and still won the Stanley Cup. Has a team ever won it before with a .500 record in the playoffs at home? Every series I thought that would come back to bite them, but it never did. Stunned that game 7 of the Final - the Super Bowl of hockey - couldn't get a better effort from the Bruins. That said, I'm not convinced it wasn't just a superior effort from STL.

Boston got off to a great start and really dictated the game, but found themselves down 2-0 after the 1st. That late goal to end the first may have been a dagger. Those are totally deflating in the final seconds of a period; especially when you've had the better of play yet find yourself down 2 goals.

STL caught some lightning in a bottle in January and they still have it contained. Hopefully their bottle breaks in the off season and they never capture it again.

nwlafrog

I finished binge watching The Office and it took about a month. I really liked it, but imo, I think it could’ve been cut 2 seasons shorter than it aired. All in all it was a very entertaining show. Now I’m starting Parks and Rec. I think they nailed the documentary style better than The Office. (I know the same people made it) It’s a little more refined and it has me laughing as much or more than The Office.

edit - Shout out to Ron Swanson

Last edited:

tcudoc

I finished binge watching The Office and it took about a month. I really liked it, but imo, I think it could’ve been cut 2 seasons shorter than it aired. All in all it was a very entertaining show. Now I’m starting Parks and Rec. I think they nailed the documentary style better than The Office. (I know the same people made it) It’s a little more refined and it has me laughing as much or more than The Office.

Put Community on your watch list. In my opinion, it is right up there with The Office and Seinfeld for smart and funny sitcoms. Give yourself a few episodes for character development before you pass judgment.
I eventually ended up really liking Parks and Rec, but the first season was pretty bad, IMHO. They really hit their stride a couple seasons in and, by the time it was done, I really wanted there to be more.
Arrested Development is another favorite and irreverent comedy that I love.

Last edited:

Boomhauer

Put Community on your watch list.In my opinion, it is right up there with The Office and Seinfeld for smart and funny sitcoms. Give yourself a few episodes for character development before you pass judgment.
I eventually ended up really liking Parks and Rec, but the first season was pretty bad, IMHO. They really hit their stride a couple seasons in and, by the time it was done, I really wanted there to be more.

^ Community very underrated IMO. Every time I see boschini I can’t help but think of Dean Pelton. Bonus points for Allison Brie

Purp

Thought I saw last night they’re the only team to win a Stanley cup with a losing record at home (6-7) in the playoffs.
I thought they were 6-6 at home. Maybe I misremembered and I saw that stat before game 6. I could have sworn I saw it after, though. Nevertheless, still a crazy stat. I'd be stunned if they weren't the first. Who has a road record in the playoffs better than their home record? It sure doesn't happen often and, when it does, it's certainly not that much better.

Eight

i agree completely as michael leaving to go be with holly in boulder should have have been the last two episodes of the series.

the james spader episodes weren't good, didn't like andy as a boss, and while the final set of episodes were better i never felt jim and dwight should have ended up being friends for the sake of the series.

Eight

Put Community on your watch list.In my opinion, it is right up there with The Office and Seinfeld for smart and funny sitcoms. Give yourself a few episodes for character development before you pass judgment.

i agree on community though the end got off track when they started losing cast members.

they do have some episodes though that were greatness and would continue a strong thread throughout the series (paintball, hvac school, etc.)