• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

HFrog12

I wonder what stage 3 entails?

If TCU Athletics was smart, which they are, and they want to really pack The Carter in a couple years after they absorb the east side expansion, they should look at doing a two tier premium area expansion right next to the East Side Expansion that targets 3-4 groups. I would build a two tier walking/standing "socializing area" that is an in-game tailgating space basically that serves craft beer and food from places like Buffalo Brothers. That would be a revenue source for TCU athletics and the "it place" for junior and seniors to hang out during the game. You could sell specified sections of the area that have pre sold bar tables and seats to specificities sororities, fraternities, and student organizations on an annual basis. I can see the bragging rights already for which groups bought the best locations based on how much they paid for that location.

I would put the juniors and seniors on the bottom tier and then sell standing/bar top socializing sections to the grad program students, organizations, and the new medical school students on the top tier of this structure. Maybe also have a couple of section of tables for companies TCU Athletics is wanting to groom to start sponsoring their sports. The back side would also have the same great view overlooking campus and downtown Fort Worth.

TCU people like exclusive experiences and there is a nice chunk of real estate still at The Carter that they could make a bunch of money off of future TCU students and finally move the tailgate scene out in the parking lots into the Carter for the game. All it would need is proven shade and some A/C like they did on the East Side Project. This two deck project would finishing bowling in our stadium and would be a sizzle feature that other stadiums would not have. Royals stadium in KC has something similar in two spots where people are free to walk around and socialize in the game and spend a bunch of money in those spaces and the fans love it.

It is called Craft and Draft.

https://www.mlb.com/royals/tickets/craft-draft

If I am a student I would want to sit in the first 20 rows between the 20 yard lines. Basically the best seat in the house. Oh wait, they already have that access! I know a lot of people would pay for those seats but I personally love that we have our rowdiest fans (the students) right behind the visitor bench. I hope that never changes because it creates a home field environment which is a stark difference to west side country club directly across.

I love the idea you are proposing but I would hate to pull students away from behind the visitor bench. There are few things I miss more from my undergrad years than packing into the student section for a big game.

SnoSki

If I am a student I would want to sit in the first 20 rows between the 20 yard lines. Basically the best seat in the house. Oh wait, they already have that access! I know a lot of people would pay for those seats but I personally love that we have our rowdiest fans (the students) right behind the visitor bench. I hope that never changes because it creates a home field environment which is a stark difference to west side country club directly across.

I love the idea you are proposing but I would hate to pull students away from behind the visitor bench. There are few things I miss more from my undergrad years than packing into the student section for a big game.

You pull the students out from the 20-ish rows behind the visitor bench, you get what you have on the west side. Guaranteed. Great for fundraising, debatable as to how it helps the in-game atmosphere.

LeagueCityFrog

Aren't there enough freshman and sophomores, and high school visitors who attend games that would fill up that space behind the visiting team next to our band? The tiered party decks would be for 21 and up and only people who pre bought the tickets. I don't think that many upperclassman sit in the TCU student section compared to underclassman. I would also start selling those seats behind the opposing team at about the 20 yard line on the north portion of the field to young alums like they did for the Okie State game to the TCU faculty over last Thanksgiving break. I'm just trying to get all those kids I see out in the TCU parking lots tailgating and socializing the whole game to come inside and cheer for a couple of hours while they do that same socializing as TCU Atheltics makes some more money. Just put some TVs in this party deck showing all the other games going on concurrently like they do at their tailgates down in the TCU parkingots and call it good. I think TCU Athletics could do a mock up of a party deck design with defined sections to buy then roll right over to the Greek houses and sell those spaces inside The Carter for a sizzling price. By default, the stadium gets louder and it would be fully bowled in and would be a very cool feature The Carter.

This would also give TCU Atheltics an additional space to rent out for profit events with excellent views of Fort Worth. TCU could be making money on the East Side and the Party Deck side at two different events simultaneously in the off season.

Last edited:

YA

There is a drone video taken last week of the ACS east construction that gives a great update on the construction progress. I saw it in one the several TCU Facebook fan pages.

Maybe someone can find it and upload it here for everyone?

Brog

Maybe I am just an idiot, but What new building is that? Where is it located?

Yeah, Neeley, but surprised to see that they have the outside stairs up to the main entrance, must be 20 or 30 steps up. Sort of like the library was remodeled a lot of years ago. I'm sure they've got other entrances and handicap accessible, but still was surprised to see this happening again.

netty2424

Yeah, Neeley, but surprised to see that they have the outside stairs up to the main entrance, must be 20 or 30 steps up. Sort of like the library was remodeled a lot of years ago. I'm sure they've got other entrances and handicap accessible, but still was surprised to see this happening again.
College kids don’t have a problem with stairs, with exception of those that are handicap.

I’m no gambling man, but I bet they thought of those with needs in the design.

EDIT if you look at the front there’s clearly first floor entry with no stairs.

frogs9497

There is a transfer portal that can take you from the bottom of the steps up to the main entrance in under 2 seconds.