• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

TX_Krötenechse

I mean, realistically we were never going to pull that kid out of the SEC, but just a weird story with him on Twitter.

I would imagine that he loves TCU but probably was born and raised a Bama fan.

Purp

I mean, realistically we were never going to pull that kid out of the SEC, but just a weird story with him on Twitter.

I would imagine that he loves TCU but probably was born and raised a Bama fan.
Not if he originally committed to Auburn. I wouldn't think a born and raised Bama fan would do that.

Atomic Frawg

So, understanding that we need a LB pretty badly now that we lost out on another to JC and just out to Bammy. Who's realistically on the radar?

Last edited:
Question for the board. Do you think the elite 4 or 5 star recruits are selfish? I call it the UT prima Donna complex arrogant etc.

Do the 3 stars play more together and not worry about touches statistics etc.?

BankerFrog

Question for the board. Do you think the elite 4 or 5 star recruits are selfish? I call it the UT prima Donna complex arrogant etc.

I get what you're trying to get at, but you can't just generalize across the board like this.

Not all 4/5 stars act the exact same, nor do 2/3 stars. There are fewer 4/5 stars so they get more of a 'microscope' on them, but they are definitely not all divas. It's just we see the ones that are more and so it's easier to think of them all like that, but they aren't.

My two cents.

Eight

So, understanding that we need a LB pretty badlu now thay we lost out on another to JC and just out to Bammy. Who's realistically on the radar?

hard to say at this time as the texas 2020 high school class on paper right now doesn't look overly strong.

dorbah out of hp is ranked the top olb prospect in the state, but he plays de for the scots with his hand on the ground and i don't see him projecting to a lb in the frogs system.

josh white of cy creek is the top ilb prospect in the state right now and he is committed to lsu.

brennon scott of bishop dunne is highly rated, but doesn't seem to have any interest in tcu and i am not holding my breath on any kid from that program ending up in ft worth.

247 shows tcu with 7 offers out to lb's and only 1 (josh white) is from the state of texas. not sure what that exactly means other than it is a work in progress.

i am curious if an incoming player such as dee winters grows into a linebacker for the frogs. multi-sport kids from smaller schools/communities aren't always had a back ground heavy in the weight room and he wouldn't be the first one to go to college and add some quality weight once he hits the weight room on a regular basis

LVH

The thing with 4* and 5* recruits is that they are the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% of high school football players in the country. They are treated like deities where they play and everyone is telling them how good they are and how they are an NFL lock and all of that. Family members, distant family members, friends and acquaintances all trying to get into the player's inner circle.

It definitely gets to their head, especially if they come from disadvantaged backgrounds.

helcap

The ones at Clemson and Alabama are definitely selfish as they don't want to share national championships with anyone else

Last edited:

Froggish

One thing that’s certain is you need a fair amount of 4-5 stars to win a Natty..Maybe GP is the kind of coach that can do it with 3/4s but right now if you trace titles back ...Nobody over the last 10-15 years has done it without them...

netty2424

On the one hand I love who that happened to, but on the other I think that is pretty dooshy. I'd be looking for that guy pregame to get him lined up for a big hit.
Yah I don’t much care either way if I’m being honest. Maybe that kid is a doosh, but he’s standing next to one of the bigger dooshers of all time. It’s not like he was doing that to a coach who’s known for class.

I just thought it was funny watching that kid have Herman’s head spinning back and forth. The timing was perfect. Gave me a giggle.