• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Tom Brown

After the extremely long commute yesterday we met my MIL at a burger place (hat creek) in San Marcos. Good food.

Unfortunately my baby boy (18 mo) May have broken his tibia slightly going down the slide with me. Going to my FILs urgent care this morning when it opens to confirm but my son appeared to be in pain all night and isn’t really able to stand (though he insists on trying).

As if I don’t feel bad enough about this he is acting like it’s my fault he got hurt. :(

Damnit, dude. So sorry to hear that. That is tuff.

Purp

After the extremely long commute yesterday we met my MIL at a burger place (hat creek) in San Marcos. Good food.

Unfortunately my baby boy (18 mo) May have broken his tibia slightly going down the slide with me. Going to my FILs urgent care this morning when it opens to confirm but my son appeared to be in pain all night and isn’t really able to stand (though he insists on trying).

As if I don’t feel bad enough about this he is acting like it’s my fault he got hurt. :(
That's excruciating bud. Sorry to hear that. He'll get over it quickly. Kids are very resilient. Hopefully it's not broken.

tcudoc

Sorry that happened. Get used to being blamed for everything that goes wrong. This is just the beginning.
We have a Hat Creek near where I live. When it is good, it’s outstanding. When it’s not, it’s pretty terrible. I’ve been about 8 times. Two of those times were terrible. Soggy tots, meat was raw in the middle. Order made incorrectly. That kind of stuff.
Their playground reminded me of old school playgrounds where you can climb all over the outside of them without any barriers. I recall watching kids of a friend of mine climbing on the outside of a very tall part of it and thinking, if he falls, that’s going to be pretty serious.

Purp

Turns out it’s a broken left tibia. Just a slight break though, not all the way through ad thankfully not displaced. Following up with ortho next week in FW but hoping that we can get away with a removable splint and not a full-leg cast for the duration of the summer. Fingers crossed.
That's better news than it could have been. I wouldn't be shocked with a full leg cast at least for the first few weeks, though. I snapped my tib like a twig in 2006 and that full leg cast is miserable. Not sure how you can confidently protect against worse injury on a toddler without it, though.

SnoSki

That's better news than it could have been. I wouldn't be shocked with a full leg cast at least for the first few weeks, though. I snapped my tib like a twig in 2006 and that full leg cast is miserable. Not sure how you can confidently protect against worse injury on a toddler without it, though.

Breaking a leg sucks. I’m sorry you had to go through it also. I think I’ve shared before but I had the dreaded tib/fib skiing injury when I was 13. 5 breaks between both vines and 4 surgeries needed to fix over the course of about a year. Had the full leg cast for about 5 months and hated it. Sweaty and itchy!!!

Got great at wheelchair wheelies/balancing and lots of sympathy from girls at school so that wasn’t bad! LOL

Thankful my sons injury isn’t nearly as bad. Dude is holding his own with ibuprofen thankfully. I hope for at least the chance to “swim” with him this summer.

TCURiggs

giphy.gif

netty2424

Turns out it’s a broken left tibia. Just a slight break though, not all the way through ad thankfully not displaced. Following up with ortho next week in FW but hoping that we can get away with a removable splint and not a full-leg cast for the duration of the summer. Fingers crossed.
Damn man that blows. Sorry to hear that. Poor guy. Kids are tough though and bounce back way faster than we do now.

Purp

Breaking a leg sucks. I’m sorry you had to go through it also. I think I’ve shared before but I had the dreaded tib/fib skiing injury when I was 13. 5 breaks between both vines and 4 surgeries needed to fix over the course of about a year. Had the full leg cast for about 5 months and hated it. Sweaty and itchy!!!

Got great at wheelchair wheelies/balancing and lots of sympathy from girls at school so that wasn’t bad! LOL

Thankful my sons injury isn’t nearly as bad. Dude is holding his own with ibuprofen thankfully. I hope for at least the chance to “swim” with him this summer.
I hadn't heard that story before. sounds gruesome. Mine was a compound fracture of the tib a few inches above the ankle with a spiral fracture going up half way to my knee from there. Fortunately the fib remained in tact; otherwise they said it likely would have broken skin. They also said my shinguards probably provided enough stability to reinforce the fib enough to hold it together. They were custom molded guards (had to get them wet to shape them similar to a cast) and wrapped nearly half way around my legs.

I had the full leg cast for a week before surgery. They put a rod in my tib after that and I didn't need the cast anymore. just crutches.

I bet MiniSki will be back at it soon enough. A minor fracture won't require surgery and, as quickly as kids heal, he may be walking in a month or so if it's as minor as you make it sound.